First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Maverick, '87 Fiero, '98 Mustang, '09 Sky
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently have a 2023 XLT (which has the body color side mirrors). I have a new 2024 ordered (same color), and I heard Ford is doing away with body colored mirrors. I prefer body color mirrors and I was wondering how difficult it would be to switch. I did some research, some say you have to remove the mirror glass, some say you don't (see below). Just wondering if anybody has experience with this and can say for sure. If it turns out to be a hassle, I guess I won't bother switching, but I'd like too....

1. Position the exterior mirror glass fully in and up.​
2. Using a flat blade screwdriver to release the tabs starting at the lower outboard side of mirror​
and continuing around the mirror until all the tabs are released.​
Sponsored

siberdraknon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Its an easy swap. I would suggest using a plastic pry(panel) tool instead of a screw driver. Just take your time and don't force anything.

Here's a good guide with graphics. It'll give you an idea of where the clips are. Side mirror removal

Or, if you want a faster way to remove it, just reverse out of your garage quickly and smack the side mirror on the side of the garage door opening. 🤦‍♂️