Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People are looking for answers from others as how to fix an issue that should and can be answered by your dealer is all I'm saying
I don't want to get into a back-and-forth with you on this as it's off-topic and not helping to answer the OP's question. Guess I just feel differently. I feel this forum is precisely the place to raise questions and concerns and hopefully find simple answers, thus avoiding complications of involving dealerships.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Atchiso

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Have you made a trip to the dealer and have the Service Manager look at instead on Grumbling on this forum about how poor the brightness is
In answer to your question yes I've been to dealer they said there was nothing they could do until an update was released. I was hoping someone else had a fix

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In answer to your question yes I've been to dealer they said there was nothing they could do until an update was released. I was hoping someone else had a fix
You haven’t said if your windows are tinted.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree I use the mirrors but I did pay for this feature. Also without the park assist feature it would be nice if you could see with the camera when a kid darts behind you.
I agree. It makes it much easier to hit them when you can see them!

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of people saying they paid for this and that like the backup camera or the mirror. Yes you did buy a package deal that included these items. Ford did not offer a range of quality or features on these items so what you get is what you get. If it is working (but not to your expectations) Ford does not have to fix it.

Now for the screen, Yes it is dim in bright light. There may be even a software fix for it but it does in fact work. There are several settings available than may or may not have been tried. Background (4 choises), brightness (sliding bar) and mode (auto, day, night).

Have you tried all the various combinations to see if it helps any? If you have, you know more than most dealers at this point as I think they would only do the same thing. Ford, if possible, might be able to fix it with software. There is an update already for the radio (posted here). So Ford has some control with software fixes. Not sure brightness is one of them but time will tell. For now I am living with my truck as it was delivered.

OP
OP

Atchiso

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Lots of people saying they paid for this and that like the backup camera or the mirror. Yes you did buy a package deal that included these items. Ford did not offer a range of quality or features on these items so what you get is what you get. If it is working (but not to your expectations) Ford does not have to fix it.

Now for the screen, Yes it is dim in bright light. There may be even a software fix for it but it does in fact work. There are several settings available than may or may not have been tried. Background (4 choises), brightness (sliding bar) and mode (auto, day, night).

Have you tried all the various combinations to see if it helps any? If you have, you know more than most dealers at this point as I think they would only do the same thing. Ford, if possible, might be able to fix it with software. There is an update already for the radio (posted here). So Ford has some control with software fixes. Not sure brightness is one of them but time will tell. For now I am living with my truck as it was delivered.
Your right I tried all those things and so did the dealer. I just find it strange that all the other fords we have owned the screen has been so bright we had to turn it down,go figure

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
The center screen is definitely too dim on bright days. I turned the brightness all the way up and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I need to experiment with the Day/Night/Auto settings as well. The other odd thing is the angle of the center screen. It is basically at 90 degrees. In every car I have owned, the center screen mimics the angle of the driver's main gauges, which is to angle them to the average driver's/passenger's eye level. Granted, I've only had the Mav for a couple of days, but this is one of the more obvious quirks out of the gate.

jdmancus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick LARIAT AWD, 97 Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I saw a video from Panda motors where they installed a screen cover/protective film which did seem to cut down some glare and fingerprints.
Sponsored