First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to see Top Gun Maverick at the theater today. Pretty good, especially if you remember the original! Of course took my Maverick to the theater!
Ford Maverick Saw the movie! CA3C422D-BCDE-4B1C-A0B4-4AA454485EFB
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to see Top Gun Maverick at the theater today. Pretty good, especially if you remember the original! Of course took my Maverick to the theater!
CA3C422D-BCDE-4B1C-A0B4-4AA454485EFB.jpeg
I really enjoyed it too. I thought “man wouldn’t it be great to see in an IMAX theater in 3-D” Then realized everyone would be puking 🤮

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford missed the best marketing opportunity of Cruise driving the Mav down the runway

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford missed the best marketing opportunity of Cruise driving the Mav down the runway
The movie was filmed like 3 years ago and then shelved due to Covid. Can't blame Ford for that. LOL! 😁

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or jumping on the upholstery expressing his love for Ford!

Sponsored

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess you never heard of film editing when Mav was available over six months ago. LOL!
Yeah, Paramount is going to re-edit a $170 million dollar movie that was locked and awaiting an imminent release just to put a $20 thousand dollar truck in it. Makes perfect sense. LOL!

I also run a small video production company, so I do know about editing. It's extremely expensive and time consuming. I'm sure if Ford had been further along in the development process of the Maverick in 2019 they would have tried, but I wouldn't say they missed an opportunity. That opportunity just wasn't there.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, Paramount is going to re-edit a $170 million dollar movie that was locked and awaiting an imminent release just to put a $20 thousand dollar truck in it. Makes perfect sense. LOL!

I also run a small video production company, so I do know about editing. It's extremely expensive and time consuming. I'm sure if Ford had been further along in the development process of the Maverick in 2019 they would have tried, but I wouldn't say they missed an opportunity. That opportunity just wasn't there.
It just passed $176.5 million dollars at the theaters in five days. And could be over $200 million by this weekend. LOL!

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It just passed $176.5 million dollars at the theaters in five days. And could be over $200 million by this weekend. LOL!
Oh, it's going to be huge, for sure. It was a great movie. But you have to remember that for a while they weren't even sure the movie would ever come out in theaters. If it went straight to streaming they might not even make their money back on it, given the enormous budget. No way Paramount would be looking for ways to add to the budget by re-editing for product placement.

And say they said to Ford, "Ok, but you have to pay for re-editing, (plus X amount for product placement)" Ford would have to be dumb to invest THAT much when the truck is already super popular, sold-out until August, and is essentially a loss-leader for them. There's not enough built-in profit to the Maverick to make any of that justifiable. I think they're happy enough with the name association.

Would it be cool to see the Maverick in the movie? Of course. But I'm not gonna blame anyone for the fact that it's not.

Fordus

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault kaptur
The movie was filmed like 3 years ago and then shelved due to Covid. Can't blame Ford for that. LOL! 😁
I hope this film is not the only one that was shelved. Maybe something will be "shown" finally in the meantime, hehe :3

But I think that awaiting for that film was generous. We were rewarded with a such cool movie actually.
Sponsored