kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a day off so decided to put in the Morel 6.5 speakers Ive had sitting around for awhile. It was pretty cold out and the garage was only about 40 degrees but I managed to not break anything.

Thanks to all the helpful posts on here and YT videos as to how to get off the door panels.

Ive seen pics but was still amazed at how tiny the magnets are on the OEM speakers. Reminds me of something that would be in a clock radio or computer. I don't plan to do the tweeters in the dash or rear speakers anytime soon as I'm leery of breaking plastic.

I have a Kicker Key 200.4 and a premade plug and play harness ordered so that should help even more but just swapping the front speakers made a noticeable difference even with the limited power the stock radio puts out

Ford Maverick Put in new door speakers...pics IMG_5968

Ford Maverick Put in new door speakers...pics IMG_5965

Ford Maverick Put in new door speakers...pics IMG_5964
Sponsored

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, can tell you that the plastic grilles are about $18 each or so for the tweeters on the XLT and the tabs are very easily broken, A pillar not an issue. I was able to "repair" one of the tabs so the fit was snug as original but the driver side I had to replace, the little green clips feel down behind the instrument panel. Probably could have found the right clips to replace them but just went ahead and ordered a new one, it came with the clips.

OP
OP

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, can tell you that the plastic grilles are about $18 each or so for the tweeters on the XLT and the tabs are very easily broken, A pillar not an issue. I was able to "repair" one of the tabs so the fit was snug as original but the driver side I had to replace, the little green clips feel down behind the instrument panel. Probably could have found the right clips to replace them but just went ahead and ordered a new one, it came with the clips.

Yea, if I attempt to do the rear speakers and tweeters at a later time I'll definitely be trying when its warmer weather. Makes me cringe every time I pop some cold plastic parts loose and try not to scratch anything. I think I might be happy with just the front door speakers and the Key when it gets here..

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wish they just put a cover on that pops off or unscrews like my old Ranger rear speakers did. Easier than ripping out all the panels to get to the rear speaker wiring.

Ford Maverick Put in new door speakers...pics Screenshot_20230314-114715~2
Sponsored