Sponsored

Poltergeist Ford Maverick AC

BirdDog

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 9, 2024
Threads
37
Messages
93
Reaction score
100
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 24 Maverick Eco XLT that must have a Poltergeist Air Conditioner.

It seems to have a mind of its own. All of a sudden the fan goes to FULL speed. The fan speed dial doesn't seem to work or do anything. If I change the the AC settings then things return to normal.

For a truck where everything seems simple to operate, the AC is a mystery.

Not sure what the 3 lights do on the Auto setting.
Sponsored

 

Ozarkbeard

Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
4,342
Reaction score
5,486
Location
.
Vehicle(s)
.
Engine
Undecided
The 3 lights indicate the maximum speed the fan can ramp up to, when using Auto mode. It 'splains this in the user manual.

If you don't like the unexpected operation of the crappy HVAC, try turning off AUTO and using MANUAL mode. Even then, expect the occasional unexpected - especially which vents the air flows from. Sometimes, the damned computer will decide to blow air from the floor. Other times, the panel vents or both floor & panel. Or turn off Recirc. when I want it on. WTF

The HVAC on this truck is, IMO, the crappiest system I've ever had in a vehicle. I end up futzing with it a lot more than should be necessary, to override what the stupid computer thinks it should be doing. :rolleyes:
 

Deleted member 29611

Guest
I have had many vehicles with Auto climate control. I find the Maverick system on par with the others I’ve had. I like the max fan limit feature(the 3 lights on the auto button). Most auto systems change airflow based on a sun sensor or other programming. I personally tend to leave it on auto and it works fine for me. I can see how some don’t care for the operation though.
Sponsored

 
 







Top