First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@VBlueMav I had the same experience at my dealer- just told tough luck.
I contacted the Ford rep on here, got a call from Ford, they called the dealer and came back with the same thing. It was a giant waste of time and effort.
Hopefully Ford admits to the issue and makes it right. I've got more chips all over the Maverick with 22k miles than I do on our Toyota Prius with 178k on it. Same roads, same drivers etc.
Sponsored

Doburden

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Krassimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As for paint chipping along the back edge of the hood, I purchased this: 16FT Black Car Door Edge Guard Moulding Trim Rubber Edge Strip Seal Protector | eBay - avoids any ice scraper/snow brush damage and would obviously prevent other paint chips as well! The only pitfall is a sharp metal edge to deal with on the end of the strip that you cut off.
I installed this right away on my doors vertical edge. Also a horizontal plastic peace on each door to protect from those nice parents that does not have time to explain their kids to open car doors at the parking lot carefully.

ezaniel.xavier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi GramsMav,
We are also finding chips along the very edge of the hood closest to the windshield. Like you my first reaction was to blame hubby when he scrapped ice from the windshield, but he just turns on the truck, warms up the windshield and uses window wash to clear the frost.
I have no explanation as to why the chips are now all along the edge of the hood. We have not noticed chips anywhere else, not the front of the hood, not the door edges.
Last week we took it to the dealer, they took photos and have forwarded the photo for warranty claim.
I too just noticed today chips on the hood closest to the windshield. We bought my truck in November and i Too have 4000 miles on it, wtf? I thought maybe it was my wife or daughter scraping the windshield but apparently that’s not the case.
Sponsored