Sponsored

Ordered a Maverick Hybrid 9 Months Ago. Should I buy it and sell it or just not take delivery?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
I ordered a Maverick 9 months ago and then I ordered a Mach E soon after. My Mach E isn't even in production yet but is scheduled. I sold my vehicle last December at the height of the used car market because I didn't need a car until now. Do you think I should buy the Mav and then sell/trade it when my Mach E comes in or should I just play it safe and let the dealer keep it? my guess is that I would have the maverick for 2-3months until my mach e arrives. I just don't want to lose money if I buy the Maverick.
Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
💯 agree with this.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
You can't lose money on a Hybrid Maverick in this market. Even if you put 5000 miles on it. XL Hybrids are the most profitable but even XLT/Lariat will sell for more than your out the door price most of the time.
That was my thought. I think the value of the 22 mav's will go down as the 2023s come along but who knows when that will happen? the maverick is still super hard to get.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my thought. I think the value of the 22 mav's will go down as the 2023s come along but who knows when that will happen? the maverick is still super hard to get.
I have a feeling the 2023 release is going to look something like black friday. People camped outside of dealerships waiting to put their orders in and they sell out in 1-2 days.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a feeling the 2023 release is going to look something like black friday. People camped outside of dealerships waiting to put their orders in and they sell out in 1-2 days.
Could be. Several dealers have already contacted me to get on a reservation list….just to place an order. 🤣
Gonna be wild and a long long wait again for sure!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Could be. Several dealers have already contacted me to get on a reservation list….just to place an order. 🤣
Gonna be wild and a long long wait again for sure!
good point. I just heard back from my dealer today and he said that there is a delay with the convoy. my salesman is serious the best. He answers my questions pretty fast usually and also just bought a Maverick

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't lose money on a Hybrid Maverick in this market. Even if you put 5000 miles on it. XL Hybrids are the most profitable but even XLT/Lariat will sell for more than your out the door price most of the time.
I picked up my lariat hybrid lux 3 days ago. My dealer told me he has had dealerships call him telling him they pay 12k over MSRP if they had any to sell.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Maverick 9 months ago and then I ordered a Mach E soon after. My Mach E isn't even in production yet but is scheduled. I sold my vehicle last December at the height of the used car market because I didn't need a car until now. Do you think I should buy the Mav and then sell/trade it when my Mach E comes in or should I just play it safe and let the dealer keep it? my guess is that I would have the maverick for 2-3months until my mach e arrives. I just don't want to lose money if I buy the Maverick.
Maybe talk to family members and see if they need one ( or will need one fairly soon with a teenager almost at driving age). I remember my brother actually worked so hard as a teenager he had a Beetle that was in great shape six months before he could get his license. My Dad just parked it in the garage.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in the same boat. I am one of the June orders from a dealer who could care less about me. Obviously, he wants me to bolt so he can sell it off the lot. It is a fairly well loaded hybrid Lariat that we agreed to a $35,000 out the door price, including tax. Of course, there is no telling if it will ever get built and if the dealer will abide by the deal (everything was done over the internet and although I have all the sales papers, none were signed so the dealer can probably do whatever he wants). I do have a VIN from Ford and a scheduled build date of June 13 but who knows for sure what will happen.

A few months ago I bought a beautiful Ridgeline and could not be happier so I don't care about the Maverick at all now unless I can flip if for a profit. If I do get a build and IF I can get it for the price agreed upon in June, I will probably buy it with cash, put it in my garage and wait for a buyer. I should be able to sell it for a $5000 profit rather quickly but it depends if and when I get it and what the market will be like at that time. We shall see how this all plays out.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
absolutly keep it and sell it. i alreadt have a lariat hybrid and got my 1 st maveriat lariat at msrp plus tax at another ford dealer here in alabama.my 1st order came in april 29th and i did not even get home with it,i had several people wanting to buy it . it was a eco boost hot pepper red i sold it before i could get home with it for a 6,000 profit and he was glad to get it for his wife birthday

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell you
Tell you what..... buy the Maverick, drive it 2-3 months, and keep it under 5000 miles in perfect shape.

I will pay you EXACTLY what you paid the dealer.

And then flip it online for $5000 more than what i paid you. The new buyer will pick it up from your driveway without me ever taking physical possession.

Sound good?

Anybody who "gives up" their confirmed Hybrid reservation (assuming they were smart enough to buy from a dealer offering straight MSRP) at this time is a COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!
Sponsored