Sponsored

Now I’m On the Fence..

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I’m #1 at my dealership for a Trailhunter with no markup. But now I’m thinking a SUV may be a better fit for our family. Currently I’m driving a 2018 F150 super crew, but want something smaller. Our dog of 14 years passed away in December and we said we weren’t getting another dog for a few years.
well my 6 yo and 4 yo have other ideas and we’re gonna break down and get a golden retriever or a lab… and i have a feeling the pup won’t be comfortable in between those car seats in back
So I’m looking at the Land Cruiser or waiting for the 4Runner. Anyone have a larger dog, kids and a current gen Tacoma to give me some insight?
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I know.. lol I’ve just never not bad a truck… makes me nervous haha
Yeah.... I have done that... I for the first time got something other than a truck 10 years ago..... and while it's not perfet, it's doable depending on your normal 'hauling' situation.

There have been only a few times I 'needed' a truck for something that wouldn't fit in my small SUV, but I have several friends that have some so that helped.

I really want a truck this go around, however I am starting to second guess with MPG's. I need something that will get at least the same MPG as I currently get since I drive about 22K miles a year

OP
OP

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Yeah.... I have done that... I for the first time got something other than a truck 10 years ago..... and while it's not perfet, it's doable depending on your normal 'hauling' situation.

There have been only a few times I 'needed' a truck for something that wouldn't fit in my small SUV, but I have several friends that have some so that helped.

I really want a truck this go around, however I am starting to second guess with MPG's. I need something that will get at least the same MPG as I currently get since I drive about 22K miles a year
What are you currently driving/getting?

i think with interest rates a LC is iutta the question. We can afford it but a $8-900 car loan seems outrageous to me.
I think I’ll keep my reservation, incase i change my mind again, but may switch to a 4Runner this winter/Spring. Depends when they release 4Runner details, but i figure the TH models wont come out till Spring so by then we should know more 4runner deets. I expect them to be essentially the same as tacoma, powertrain wise.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I hear ya. Sometimes you just need a truck, & for the first time since 2016 selling my F150, I’m considering one again. I do plan to compare the Land Cruiser as well, but having a truck is just too handy.

I’ve hauled about as much as I can at my age with SUV’s & while you always think if I need a truck I can just go rent one for the day, you never do. I’ve missed out on some things on my community buy nothing group to furnish my home as I just haven’t had a truck to haul anything (vintage console trinitron, vintage sofa). I did get one beautiful stereo console, but had to get them to deliver in their truck.

But still, an SUV gives up some length for greater maneuverability & sounds like an LC could be right in your situation. When it’s just me & a dog, my options are wide open. & so far I’m not sure which way to go, truck or not. I’ve missed mine, but most of my daily driving I was hauling nothing but air.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
What are you currently driving/getting?

i think with interest rates a LC is iutta the question. We can afford it but a $8-900 car loan seems outrageous to me.
I think I’ll keep my reservation, incase i change my mind again, but may switch to a 4Runner this winter/Spring. Depends when they release 4Runner details, but i figure the TH models wont come out till Spring so by then we should know more 4runner deets. I expect them to be essentially the same as tacoma, powertrain wise.
I currently have a 2014 Nissan Rogue that has 206K miles. On average I get about 26-27MPG because I have a toll road in front of my house that has a speed limit of 80MPH, which means I usually go about 83. It's very tempting since it cuts about 15-20 minutes each way off my daily commute. When I stay off of the toll road (which I have been trying to recerntly) I average about 30-31MPG.

Same here, I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a vehicle. I'm trying to stay around $35K if at all possible

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I’m #1 at my dealership for a Trailhunter with no markup. But now I’m thinking a SUV may be a better fit for our family. Currently I’m driving a 2018 F150 super crew, but want something smaller. Our dog of 14 years passed away in December and we said we weren’t getting another dog for a few years.
well my 6 yo and 4 yo have other ideas and we’re gonna break down and get a golden retriever or a lab… and i have a feeling the pup won’t be comfortable in between those car seats in back
So I’m looking at the Land Cruiser or waiting for the 4Runner. Anyone have a larger dog, kids and a current gen Tacoma to give me some insight?
If you are not planing to use the bed, the cargo area in a 4 Runner or the new Land Cruiser are much more flexible.

2024 Tacoma Now I’m On the Fence.. Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.22.26 PM

MPGunther

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma Sport
There's not much more room in the backseat once my German Shedder hops in the Tacoma

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
I truly don't understand the problem here. Buy the Trailhunter now (by "now" I mean, when you get the chance). Get in line for the 4Runner. Sell the Trailhunter and get the 4Runner when it comes out. Granted, the days of flipping for a profit may be ending, but you won't lose much at all on the Trailhunter in the meantime.

In other words: Take the bird in hand. You know this will be a desirable truck that you'll be able to sell/trade if you need to.

OP
OP

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I truly don't understand the problem here. Buy the Trailhunter now (by "now" I mean, when you get the chance). Get in line for the 4Runner. Sell the Trailhunter and get the 4Runner when it comes out. Granted, the days of flipping for a profit may be ending, but you won't lose much at all on the Trailhunter in the meantime.

In other words: Take the bird in hand. You know this will be a desirable truck that you'll be able to sell/trade if you need to.
I talked to my dealers. They said as soon as the 4Runner is launched they’ll start taking deposits and I can transfer my Tacoma reservation to a 4Runner & save my #1 spot from the Trailhunter.
that will give me time to sort out my life lol 😂
Sponsored