First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least according to the dealership in Oakville. I asked if the price would remain the same or I would get an equivalent rebate from Ford. They told me no, that Ford Canada was not offering that unlike Ford US. I originally ordered Aug, 2022. The original order was signed by the same salesperson and I left $500 credit card deposit. I think the difference is somewhere around $2500.

What have other Canadians experience been? I told them I was not going to accept that and the sales guy told me to wait for delivery to see if there is any change. Sounds suspicious doesn't it?
Sponsored

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar situation for me. My dealer is saying I will get price protection from ford or the dealership. I’m pretty sceptical since my Hybrid XLT went up $3500 + the block heater ($370).

TheotherCanadaGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL, 2L, iconic silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A bit of background, I originally wanted a xl hybrid and gave a deposit in May 2022. By Dec 22 the dealer and I realized with production constraints and dealer allocation, Georgetown On, it might be extremely long to delivery. We switched to xl ecoboost. I finally took delivery Oct 20, 2023 and immediately ordered a xl hybrid. I will have 21000 km when I flip to the my hybrid. As of Feb 28, 2024 it is being shipped. So I should have it around April 1. The 3rd shift at mexico plant and supply chain Improvements have made the order process much better.

TheotherCanadaGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL, 2L, iconic silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As for price protection in Canada, don't count on it. Canada has always been the poor second cousin for most auto manufacturers. I represent 9 Ford dealer's for parts wholesale in southwest Ontario and have had conversations with most of the sales managers. They recommend ordering when model year opens in late September or October to get delivery in same model year. Also watch out for constraints on silly stuff like mud flap and the like.

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid XLT is built and on the way. Ordered 10/22 estimated to arrive March 22 - 28. My dealer claims I will have price protection from Ford and if Ford doesn’t provide it the dealership will.

Their way of keeping me quiet until it gets here so they can not offer price protection.

I hope to be wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Similar to me except I ordered in June 2022. I have been told that it was going into production end of Feb but nothing more. I asked about rollover price protection but they toldme Ford Canada is not doing that, unlike their US counterpart. I know the difference to me is about $3500. and I am determined not to pay more than my agreed upon and signed for price.
Let's keep in touch Hayden to compare notes. FYI, my mother was born north of Brandon so we have some connection.. :)

P.S. anyone have the phone number we can call to check on our orders handy? Forget the dealer black hole.

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok I now have a vin. According to the Canadian tracking site it was built Feb 25 and shipped Mar 6. Two questions:

1/ is there a way to track it "on the way" for Canadian orders similar to the way they do in the US? Dealer estimate ETA is end of this month.

2/ I am in Milton, Ont. Is there a good location for decals, tonneau covers, tailgate locks, etc in the GTA west area?

Apparently when the dealership "rolled it over to a 2024" they forgot I changed to Area 51 more than a year ago. Now it is coming as HPR with drop in bed liner. No private offer either. However dealer is throwing in all weather mats, window tinting and 3M stone guard. Not sure how much that is even worth. I tried to negotiate more but they claim dealership is only making $500 out of the deal, not sure I believe that but issue is, if I turn it down they will just sell it next day as the demand for Hybrids is still huge.

Last edited:

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok I now have a vin. According to the Canadian tracking site it was built Feb 25 and shipped Mar 6. Two questions:

1/ is there a way to track it "on the way" for Canadian orders similar to the way they do in the US? Dealer estimate ETA is end of this month.
Don't worry about tracking it, it says shipped, it will be 3-4 weeks to get to Canada. It blows my mind that people are so hellbent on tracking a train car and such, just relax and have patience.

As for 3m, make sure its not the typical dealer package. Most dealers will skip the bumper and give you a 1/4 hood, not even a 1/3. I have bumper, headlamps, full hood, full fender, a pillars, mirrors, and roof strip (before the sunroof).

I had price protection on my mav and my bronco - make sure your dealer isn't being shady AF. Also, they always give some stupid low number on what they are making on vehicles, being from a dealer group myself back in the day for a luxury brand, there is minimum 7% markup on the vehicles + bonuses for hitting targets each month, which is not included in that 7%.

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't worry about tracking it, it says shipped, it will be 3-4 weeks to get to Canada. It blows my mind that people are so hellbent on tracking a train car and such, just relax and have patience.

As for 3m, make sure its not the typical dealer package. Most dealers will skip the bumper and give you a 1/4 hood, not even a 1/3. I have bumper, headlamps, full hood, full fender, a pillars, mirrors, and roof strip (before the sunroof).

I had price protection on my mav and my bronco - make sure your dealer isn't being shady AF. Also, they always give some stupid low number on what they are making on vehicles, being from a dealer group myself back in the day for a luxury brand, there is minimum 7% markup on the vehicles + bonuses for hitting targets each month, which is not included in that 7%.
Good tip on the 3M protection. I will follow up on that. Price protection is not the same as private offer which is only done by Ford US. Canadians are not getting it, that I confirmed with Ford Canada. Price protection was for price increases within the same model year. I was rolled over from 2022 to 2024. Were you rolled over?
Also that 500 they told me was strictly the dealership profit after paying bonuses and the sales guys cut. I have a personal relationship with the dealer principal so have no real reason to think I'm being ripped off. It is Ford Canada I have an issue with. Also I am getting $1054 off for x-plan.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good tip on the 3M protection. I will follow up on that. Price protection is not the same as private offer which is only done by Ford US. Canadians are not getting it, that I confirmed with Ford Canada. Price protection was for price increases within the same model year. I was rolled over from 2022 to 2024. Were you rolled over?
Also that 500 they told me was strictly the dealership profit after paying bonuses and the sales guys cut. I have a personal relationship with the dealer principal so have no real reason to think I'm being ripped off. It is Ford Canada I have an issue with. Also I am getting $1054 off for x-plan.
I forget what my MY for the mav was but I protected from increases in 22, and ordered a 22 bronco rolled to 23 - it had a price increase on wildtrak as they changed the way suspension was being ordered but the base price was protected and this was key.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Prices within a model year are protected but not rollovers from one model year to the next in Canada, Ford Canada told me that is because Ford corporate made that decision, not them... Not sure I believe that or not. However it is not the individual dealership, of that I'm sure.

OP
OP
Milton Jeff

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, good news today, my Mav has arrived at dealership and I am picking up Thursday, can hardly wait.

TheotherCanadaGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL, 2L, iconic silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update on timeliness, ordered Oct 20/23, picked up Silver, XL hybrid, hitch and factory spray in bed liner on April 2/24 Same price as ordered, I did 820km on second tank of regular gas, and I wasn't on an eco run...125 to 130 on highways. Definitely ordered another
Sponsored