Sponsored

WILL YOU GATHER WITH THE MAVERICK TRUCK CLUB at 2023 CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS?

• YES, DEFINITELY. STILL PLAN TO REGISTER ONLINE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

CARLISLE -AREA HOTELS BOOKING FAST for Ford Nationals weekend! It is a very big show, and regular attendees have already booked most of the closest hotels.

If you are going — or even pretty sure you will be going or definitely want to go — get your room reservations in NOW.

Hotels located in Mechanicsburg or indicated as Harrisburg West are within easy driving distance if you can’t get a room right in Carlisle.

On the other side of town (southwest of Carlisle) Shippensburg is a good option.

East or west of Carlisle, clusters of hotels can be found at most I-81 or I-76 (Pa. Turnpike) exits.

You’ll have a 20- or 30-min, drive each day of the show … But hey, you LOVE driving your Maverick, right?

WHILE YOU’RE IN THE AREA …

Anyone thinking about bringing the family and/or making a bigger trip out of your visit to southcentral Pennsyvlania, two big attractions in the region:

— Hershey (Hershey’s Chocolate World and Hersheypark) is about 45 min. away. Also the amazing AACA Museum.

— Gettysburg is also a 45 min. drive from Carlisle. The Gettysburg National Military Park has a must-see: top-notch museum and self-guided driving tours of this most famous of Civil War battlefields.

If you are a real Civil War buff, the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg is also close by.
Sponsored

Last edited:

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CARLISLE -AREA HOTELS BOOKING FAST for Ford Nationals weekend! It is a very big show, and regular attendees have already booked most of the closest hotels.

If you are going — or even pretty sure you will be going or definitely want to go — get your room reservations in NOW.

Hotels located in Mechanicsburg or indicated as Harrisburg West are within easy driving distance if you can’t get a room right in Carlisle.

On the other side of town (west of Carlisle) Shippensburg is a good option.

East or west of Carlisle, clusters of hotels can be found at most I-81 or I-76 (Pa. Turnpike) exits.

You’ll have a 20- or 30-min, drive each day of the show … But hey, you LOVE driving your Maverick, right?

WHILE YOU’RE IN THE AREA …

Anyone thinking about bringing the family and/or making a bigger trip out of your visit to southcentral Pennsyvlania, two big attractions in the region:

— Hershey (“Chocolatetown USA” and Hersheypark) is about 45 min. away. Also the amazing AACA Museum.

— Gettysburg is also a 45 min. drive from Carlisle. The Gettysburg National Military Park has a must-see: top-notch museum and self-guided driving tours of this most famous of Civil War battlefields.
Fyi, I'm not backing out but I do have the option to cancel my hotel reservation up until May 31st.

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fyi, I'm not backing out but I do have the option to cancel my hotel reservation up until May 31st.
Yes, we booked with a refundable rate also. We always do, if available. Because you never know…

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, we booked with a refundable rate also. We always do, if available. Because you never know…
Ya, I saw some that said nonrefundable. Glad to be booked

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the one that the Mercury Cougar clubs of New England, Delmarva, and NJ/PA use every year. There are usually a number of other Ford clubs represented as well. Just across the main drag there is a 50/60's themed diner that's very good.

From there, we take back roads over to Carlisle and avoid the worst of the show traffic. This is what I'm bringing this year instead of the Maverick.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hote...ew/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0

Ford Maverick Maverick Truck Club at CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS • June 2-4, 2023 • Sign Up Online! 93Lightning01

Ford Maverick Maverick Truck Club at CARLISLE FORD NATIONALS • June 2-4, 2023 • Sign Up Online! DSCN0245A

Sponsored

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the one that the Mercury Cougar clubs of New England, Delmarva, and NJ/PA use every year. There are usually a number of other Ford clubs represented as well. Just across the main drag there is a 50/60's themed diner that's very good.

From there, we take back roads over to Carlisle and avoid the worst of the show traffic. This is what I'm bringing this year instead of the Maverick.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hote...ew/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0

93Lightning01.jpeg

DSCN0245A.jpg
Thanks for the hotel tip -

Nice! Do stop by the Maverick Club Tent and say hello.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Damn i tried looking for one and there all book out
Plenty of hotels in the Harrisburg area. If you have to stay 30 minutes out that's still not a big deal. Look at all the hotels right along 81 in Harrisburg.

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Since you’ll be coming up from the south, try in Shippensburg along I-81. College town, lots of hotels there. 30 minutes south of Carlisle, and like he said, not a big drive. Straight shot on the interstate.

Sponsored

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since you’ll be coming up from the south, try in Shippensburg along I-81. College town, lots of hotels there. 30 minutes south of Carlisle, and like he said, not a big drive. Straight shot on the interstate.
I got one in Mechanicsburg, right in line with the rest of those

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I missed where you are coming from. Yes, if you want to stay on the south side of Carlisle this is a great suggestion.

Deleted member 1483

Sounds great! I’ll look into booking and getting the hotel tonight. I’ll have to represent the off road hybrids!

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds great! I’ll look into booking and getting the hotel tonight. I’ll have to represent the off road hybrids!
Fantastic! We definitely want to see every kind of Maverick there is represented at this event — And wouldn’t it be great to have all the colors?

I imagine a lot of Ford fans will be interested in looking over our trucks, since Mavericks are still far from common out on the streets. (At least around here they’re not.)

***** And look at the poll on top: We’re making progress toward our goal of 25 to get the free tent! (And by the way, that’s a 20x20 tent…. not 10x10 as I originally had. Plenty of room to set up and sit and have a great weekend.)

Just need to get those “Hope So”s converted to “Definitely”s, and we’ll be more than halfway there.