- Thread starter
- #1
I have my brake parts on the way and reviewed the threads on servicing pads and rotors with aftermarkets. I have a 2022 ecoboost fx4/4k tow where the wsm doesn't get the brakes into service mode.
Would it be safe on the parts if i disengage the parking brake so there's no pressure on the pads; disconnect the electrical connection, and manually wind the parking brake piston back by hand with a universal piston compressor tool?
I saw that forscan doesn't work for others having the same issue and that it would need the Ford Diagnostics and Repair software but i would rather avoid going to the dealership if i can help it.
Would it be safe on the parts if i disengage the parking brake so there's no pressure on the pads; disconnect the electrical connection, and manually wind the parking brake piston back by hand with a universal piston compressor tool?
I saw that forscan doesn't work for others having the same issue and that it would need the Ford Diagnostics and Repair software but i would rather avoid going to the dealership if i can help it.
Sponsored