First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody have any tips how to remove this air temp sensor from the airbox? I'm turning it the direction of the arrow and it only turns a tiny bit and locks up. The install instructions say turn it 1/4 turn but it won't go that far and I'm already starting to crack the plastic trying to twist it. Thanks for any help.

Ford Maverick Intake install question - removing air temp sensor 20211219_175414
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was super easy for me. I just tuned like it said. I don’t know what could be holding you up

OP
OP
JibbersCrabst

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was super easy for me. I just tuned like it said. I don’t know what could be holding you up
Looking at how it's designed it seems very straight forward but it just turns a small amount and stops.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a piece that had to be partially depressed on the outside as well if I recall correctly.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Turn it opposite is what I had to do...arrow threw me for a bit, but lefty-loosey worked

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody have any tips how to remove this air temp sensor from the airbox? I'm turning it the direction of the arrow and it only turns a tiny bit and locks up. The install instructions say turn it 1/4 turn but it won't go that far and I'm already starting to crack the plastic trying to twist it. Thanks for any help.

20211219_175414.jpg
Once you turn it, pull it, in this picture it looks like it needs to turn a little further.

OP
OP
JibbersCrabst

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once you turn it, pull it, in this picture it looks like it needs to turn a little further.
Thanks for the response, the whole turning it part seems to be the biggest issue. It turns in the direction of the arrow about 2-3mm then stops before it gets to the point where it can be pulled out. I've tried turning it hard enough that the plastic part of the plug started to split down the middle so I stopped. This isn't ya'lls fault obviously but something is inhibiting it from turning to the fully unlocked position so it can be pulled out.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a little tab that retains it from turning, I'm assuming you've released that tab. I don't think it will hurt to "force" it to turn from the outside, at least not a point. I've not seen one not come out once it turns. Sorry you are struggling with it.

OP
OP
JibbersCrabst

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a little tab that retains it from turning, I'm assuming you've released that tab. I don't think it will hurt to "force" it to turn from the outside, at least not a point. I've not seen one not come out once it turns. Sorry you are struggling with it.
There is a tab that prevents it from moving backward in the opposite direction of the arrow. Maybe the arrow is for installation rather than removal? That could be my whole issue.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is a tab that prevents it from moving backward in the opposite direction of the arrow. Maybe the arrow is for installation rather than removal? That could be my whole issue.
Maybe cause to me it looks like it's not spun far enough or in the right direction.

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Intake install question - removing air temp sensor 20211220_175507

Mine went left ----the tab locks over the little hump on the rt hand side to prevent it backing out

OP
OP
JibbersCrabst

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20211220_175507.jpg

Mine went left ----the tab locks over the little hump on the rt hand side to prevent it backing out
I think that was my mistake. Going to give it another go here in a few when I'm off work. I figured it was like almost every other connection on a vehicle like light bulbs etc where you turn it the direction of the arrow to remove it, but I guess since this isn't something Ford expects people to be messing with that arrow is just telling the person at the factory how to put the sensor IN. :rolleyes:

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good lookin truck by the way!
No idea why they thought the arrow was cool, but I bet you are right.
Sponsored