First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First decent snow of the year. Took the kids out for the Maverick’s first attempt at donuts in a parking lot. First thing… why are donuts so fun anyways? Its just driving in a circle at a different angle lol anyways, we found success. Other than almost getting 6 year old puke in the back seats. But crisis averted and we all had a blast. Some cracked windows and settle down time were enough to prevent the Puking episode lol

Overall thoughts:

the Maverick is capable of decent donuts! From what i remember from my pre-purchase research the max power to the rear is 50%. Thats juuuust enough to get a decent donut going. Not enough to get your fancy hairpoint ones. But enough to get lose, overcome the understeer, and make some messy ovals with the rear end fully disengaged. It still wants to favor the front end so expect some understeer. If youre trying to drift a corner you really have to send the front into the apex before you throttle. It would be nice to have a regular hand brake to help with this lol

drive settings:

slippery was oooookay. Couldnt get a full donut going though. Sport mode with traction control off was optimal from our limited adventure. Sport mode keeps you in the gearing you want coming out of a drift so its not a jarring erratic experience. Slippery mode with TC off was less consistent with this.

Final thoughts:

Overall, i’m happy and impressed. The truck was designed to get you out of the snow lol its not designed for what we were doing this morning. But its nice to know it can still have fun if you want it to.

Side note:

if you floor it on a snow covered road the accelleration and traction control is quite impressive. Steering is acurate and responsive under these conditions. Its not over augmented like so many modern suvs.

Ford Maverick Inaugural winter Donuts 7AD395A8-3974-4FEC-86A3-8934E1939C86
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Awesome! Next time have the most pukey one step out and shoot some video!

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Donuts? My idea of doing donuts is making a short trip to the Duncan store in my Maverick hybrid.
Sponsored