First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick(still looking), 2020 Ford Explorer ST
Engine
Undecided
Hello everyone, my name is Kurt, yes you read correctly. I'm techincally a mechanic, but don't tell anyone 😂 I like to mess with vehicles, which has literally caused me to not own a single stock vehicle anymore. That's the life, but what are you going to do.

I sell parts for other ford planforms in Canada, and a couple of my venders asked me to look into prototyping parts for the Maverick platform. My Ford dealership has been bugging me since they came out to buy and mod one, and now I'm intrigued.

Currently I'm trying to find which trim model to get, I'm not sure honestly. I need AWD and 2.0. I wasn't sure how the AWD works on the tremor, is it selectable or fulltime?

Thank you all. Hope your week is going well.
Sponsored

Dmat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is a group on facebook called fast mavericks that has been doing aftermarket upgrades to go faster. They do post on here too but its all grouped together there. But thats probably a place you can find a starting point to move forward from.

OP
OP
Southdown Garage
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
There is a group on facebook called fast mavericks that has been doing aftermarket upgrades to go faster. They do post on here too but its all grouped together there. But thats probably a place you can find a starting point to move forward from.
Thank you

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Given that the Tremor has the better rear axle and output to it, I would love to see someone build one. That said the standard awds have more room for a bigger intercooler. And with AWD launches at least at the drags you don't need the Tremor hardware. Though a rally, autocross, road course build would benefit from it.

Since you got dealer connections you might get lucky and find a cheap 2.3 to swap in out of a Lincoln. It's been done one here and is fairly plug and play. From there big tuning, big intercoolers, big intakes, big exhaust, and big, bigger, and biggest turbos will get you respectably fast. Someone is gonna need to find more fuel and a more transmission cooling soon. Maybe that's where you come in and copy and paste the rest of the formula.

Dueces and Fast Mavericks are the 2 guys on here you wanna read up on.

OP
OP
Southdown Garage
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Given that the Tremor has the better rear axle and output to it, I would love to see someone build one. That said the standard awds have more room for a bigger intercooler. And with AWD launches at least at the drags you don't need the Tremor hardware. Though a rally, autocross, road course build would benefit from it.

Since you got dealer connections you might get lucky and find a cheap 2.3 to swap in out of a Lincoln. It's been done one here and is fairly plug and play. From there big tuning, big intercoolers, big intakes, big exhaust, and big, bigger, and biggest turbos will get you respectably fast. Someone is gonna need to find more fuel and a more transmission cooling soon. Maybe that's where you come in and copy and paste the rest of the formula.

Dueces and Fast Mavericks are the 2 guys on here you wanna read up on.
Thank you, with the fuel systems, shouldn't be to hard to upgrade, there are a couple of companies out there that have opened up the fueling systems on other platforms. The transmissions, I may also have someone in mind for that one as well.

I'm excited to see how much this platform will respond to more boost, more ethanol, and guaranteed to turn these things into monsters...if that's the direction someone is looking for.

Thank you to who to read up on, I really appreciate it.
Sponsored