Sponsored

Ford had the wrong address on file- intentional?

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
Hey everyone,

Reposting from a different forum because I received no traction- two days after viewing all of the hubbub about the latest email blast from Ford, I was worried as to why I did not also receive it so I called up Ford. His answer was just a simple 'don't worry about it, it's just a notification about constraints that shouldn't be targeted at any select group' but what was fishy af to me is that the address on file for myself was a random PO box instead of my actual address. Could it be possible that my dealership intentionally changed the address or is this just a mixup via the Ford website when I built my truck? I've never used a po box in my life.

XLT Carbonized grey, 360 copilot lux package, tonnou cover
ordered september 3, 2021

Also, I finally set up an account on this forum after 8 months of browsing so it's nice to finally say hi. hi!

*UPDATE: I called my dealership. Apparently the address I had on file with them was ALSO wrong as they had switched the city. Thankfully I had my original email correspondence up so I knew what I sent them was correct. So now I've got a P.O. box address instead of my actual address, and the dealership messed up my address. My guy reassures me that this doesn't affect my order date and 'will get back to me' to see if it's possible to update his system. 'i'm not sure that's possible, it might not be' like come on man. *

*UPDATE: my dealership texted me that they could not change the address as I am a priority 2 (which is 100% correct on their part, at least from what I've read) but has not told me how this may affect my order
Sponsored

Last edited:

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Strictly one old geezer's opinion but the address associated with your order is supposed to match the address on your driver's license. I'd suggest swinging by the dealership and politely demand they pull up your order and if there is a discrepancy, amend your order to match.

OP
OP
TShazam

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
Strictly one old geezer's opinion but the address associated with your order is supposed to match the address on your driver's license. I'd suggest swinging by the dealership and politely demand they pull up your order and if there is a discrepancy, amend your order to match.
I appreciate the response- that's what I was thinking as well. I text with my guy all the time as well, so it's not like I'm just a random name to them. I also switched my address with Ford so it's correct now. What would be the benefit of switching the address, if it really was switched by the dealership?

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For peace of mind about not potentially raising any red flags come delivery time, I'd get my paws on something in writing from the dealer affirming the correct information.

In all likelihood was an innocent data entry mistake but it never hurts to have all your ducks in a row just in case. As we're both aware, shenanigans by some fraction of dealers are not unheard of.
Sponsored