First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford XLT Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi everyone just wanted to share my recent experience.
I ordered the drop in liner from the official Ford Accessory store. The website offers dealer install for $60 which is reasonable, and I decided to go for that because the liner install is a bit complicated for me.
At the checkout you are supposed to pick your preferred dealer and then chose the time and date for the install to take place once the item arrives at the dealership.
My dealer did not have any time and dates available, regardless of the date and time I picked (other farther away dealers did by the way)...I then called the dealer and they told me to ship the item to them and then they would install it...no problem.
Well, the item arrived, I dropped my car off and after a few days! I called to check on the ststaus and they told me that they are almost done, the bed liner is complicated they have to make cuts blablabla...I already had a feeling that they were not going to charge me $60 so I voiced my concern, and I was right, they were not...I explained to them that the site didnt work and it whoucld be $60 and it went to the manager who ended up honoring the $60 but on the invoice they wrote more or less that they Wont do that again"
I am baffled because is this not something they have to honor?

Just curious if others have similar experience, thanks
Sponsored