First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sportrac, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. But I'm guessing so.

Picked up my new Mav. a month ago. When I asked about my 2 Dealer installed options (front hood wind deflector and rear bed LED lights), they looked at me like I had 4 heads. They then said they don't know where they are, if or when they will arrive, and that they have no way to track them. They then suggested "I" call Ford as they could do nothing to help. I made no less than 5 calls and spoke to 5 different departments and folks. In the end. they all said the Dealer ordered the car for you so they are responsible for getting your Dealer installed options. We are now a month later and all I hear from the Dealer is "crickets." In the end, I WILL get my Dealer installed options bc they have no idea how relentless I can be. However, "word to the wise" don't order a new Mav. with any Dealer installed options. If you've already ordered, when you pick up your new vehicle, if the items are not already there to put on your vehicle, take the credit and get them on your own.... Justs my 2-cents!
Sponsored

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also was supposed to have a dealer installed hood deflector. I picked up my truck 8 days ago.
They are going to ship to me when it comes in. Waiting game

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem. But I'm guessing so.

Picked up my new Mav. a month ago. When I asked about my 2 Dealer installed options (front hood wind deflector and rear bed LED lights), they looked at me like I had 4 heads. They then said they don't know where they are, if or when they will arrive, and that they have no way to track them. They then suggested "I" call Ford as they could do nothing to help. I made no less than 5 calls and spoke to 5 different departments and folks. In the end. they all said the Dealer ordered the car for you so they are responsible for getting your Dealer installed options. We are now a month later and all I hear from the Dealer is "crickets." In the end, I WILL get my Dealer installed options bc they have no idea how relentless I can be. However, "word to the wise" don't order a new Mav. with any Dealer installed options. If you've already ordered, when you pick up your new vehicle, if the items are not already there to put on your vehicle, take the credit and get them on your own.... Justs my 2-cents!
If you ordered that way from the factory....they should show up at the dealer....sometime.
Maybe the dealer's accessories rep would be able to look into it? They should be able to see the order and have an idea about timing.
Dealer didn't order the parts and probably can't track them. But their accessories distributor should be able to check on the status of the parts.

I had all that stuff ordered separately from the dealer. Hood deflector and mud guards were in stock (at the local accessories warehouse) and came well before the truck arrived.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is an example of a dealer you should never buy another car from. There should be someone at the dealer that can immediately help you.

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I wanted to add fender flares after my order (they were not an option at the time of my June 8 order date) and I called my dealer in Early Oct., he advised that I needed to buy the part myself and have it shipped to the dealer (in my name). Shipping to dealer was free. Then they installed the flares when the car arrived and added the installation fee to the purchase price (installation fee was quoted when I ordered the flares, but at the time could not be prepaid with the part.). The flares sat at the dealership for 3 months and no problems - all went smoothly. Serremonte Ford in SFBayArea.

Sponsored

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The DIO are direct shipped to the sales department and were supposed to be installed BEFORE you take delivery. Get on your saleperson's butt, they were shipped to the dealer with your VIN attached, like the FITS kit was also...When I discovered drilling was necessary for the LUMENS kit, I told them just give me the parts, which I have - the box had my VIN on it, just like my free FITS kit...

013SamIAm

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Flex, 1965 Ford Galaxie, 2014 Toyota Camry
They are actually shipped to the parts department. Some come before the vehicle shows up and some come months after the vehicle has come and gone! We have to thank the suppliers for the shortages most of the times. We have ours stocked in by vin and have to check on the vehicles being in stock or sold all the time.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Documents.
When you order from any dealer get everything documented (in writing) if they will not do that, find another dealer.
I had all my documentation in a folder at delivery, with my lawyers card attached to the folder. The sales guy looked at the card while I was looking at a tricked out Bronco.

What we need are lawyers who are dealership/sales person chasers :)
Sponsored