Sponsored

Detailed shipping info for my Lariat to Virginia.

Bludash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Santa Fe Sport Ultimate
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck was shipped on 2/25/23
Ford tracking is useless because it is always about 10 days in the past. Eventually I was given the railcar number from the chat agent who was very helpful.

It took about a week to get to the Gateway Yard in Illinois. Then it sat there until 3/13/23 when it moved to another yard. Then on Friday morning 3/17 it was moved to Elkhart Indiana where it sat until Sunday evening 3/19. From here on it was really rolling.
It sent status reports from Frank, Ohio, Lewis Center, near Columbus Ohio at midnight. At noon Monday it was at Panther West Virginia. Bluefield WV 2 hours 4-6pm. Then Roanoke Virginia at 11 pm Monday. They ggot rolling about 5am today,Tuesday 3/21. At 9pm tonight it was dropped off at United Road facility in Petersburg VA.

As of today 3/31/2023 the Maverick is still sitting in Petersburg, Va waiting for transport to the dealer about 100 miles north. No communication from Ford or United Road Service. It just sits. Ten days so far.

So it made it from the Chicago area to Petersburg VA in about 48 hours. That's about 900 miles. Now we will see how long it takes to get to the dealer about 100 miles north.

Getting the railcar number is the key event. Tracking was done with CSX tracking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pointech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just checking in, do you have your Maverick now? Mine shipped mid March, also coming to Virginia. My dealer is less than 30 miles from the Petersburg rail yard but that probably doesn’t make much difference. They predict that my truck will arrive mid April. Hope you got yours soon after you posted this!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in TX and obviously closer than you guys, but what was weird is that Ford tracker kept saying mine was shipped. It was that way for two weeks, then the dealer sent me a video of the truck at the dealership. It was there a week before I could get it because I was out of town, and Ford Tracker still showed it was shipped. Who knows with Ford or the rail carriers?

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just checking in, do you have your Maverick now? Mine shipped mid March, also coming to Virginia. My dealer is less than 30 miles from the Petersburg rail yard but that probably doesn’t make much difference. They predict that my truck will arrive mid April. Hope you got yours soon after you posted this!
Mine took just over a month to arrive at the dealer near Richmond. Spent some time in Chicago, apparently. Also, totally normal. I read that last leg of waiting was the hardest part. So very true!

The Ford tracker still said 'shipped' when I already owned & had my Maverick, fyi. I never did bother with the train tracking.

pauliepaul

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon to be 23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m currently sitting in Petersburg , arrived on same train as you, with United road showing status of “pending pickup” (currently 7 vehicles are sitting with mine to go to same dealership)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bludash

Bludash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

No, mine is still sitting in Petersburg, almost 2 weeks. The Ford info has been completely useless. They keep moving the date now 4/12. Original date was 3/26.

OP
OP
Bludash

Bludash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine took just over a month to arrive at the dealer near Richmond. Spent some time in Chicago, apparently. Also, totally normal. I read that last leg of waiting was the hardest part. So very true!

The Ford tracker still said 'shipped' when I already owned & had my Maverick, fyi. I never did bother with the train tracking.

Mine left the plant 2/25 and arrived in Petersburg, VA 3/21 and still there 4/2, today.

pointech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Bludash yikes, maybe they are waiting for mine to arrive so ours can leave on a truck together!! 😂

seriously, hope you get your maverick this week.

OP
OP
Bludash

Bludash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m currently sitting in Petersburg , arrived on same train as you, with United road showing status of “pending pickup” (currently 7 vehicles are sitting with mine to go to same dealership)

Well, I finally got my Maverick today. I called Ford Marketing to try too get status update. The agent told me that it was on the road. Apparently they have GPS live tracking because she said she was watching a dot moving on a map. A few minutes later the dealer called to say the truck just arrived. So shipped on 2/25 and delivered 4/3.

The Maverick is even nicer than I remember from my test drive last year. This truck is a winner. Every company will make one soon and if Ford doesn't learn to do the build and delivery properly they are going to lose their edge in the market.

pointech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My estimated date just moved out by two weeks. It’s now late April or early May for my truck that shipped 3/15.

Glad you got yours @Bludash, hope mine is only two weeks behind it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bludash

Bludash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My estimated date just moved out by two weeks. It’s now late April or early May for my truck that shipped 3/15.

Glad you got yours @Bludash, hope mine is only two weeks behind it.

At this point if you open a Ford chat and ask for a status update you might get the railcar number without even asking for it. Then plug that into the CSX tracking. System. The car number might start with TTGX becomes 81814192

800-235-2352
Enter 1#
81814192#
Enter car number nnnnnn#
Done is ##

They will give location. This is an automated system.

Good luck.

forkspider

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine sat at a rail yard for 2 n a half weeks in January. I was told the issue is ford certified drivers for new vehicles. My truck was only 8 miles from the dealer too.

bik77

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lexus RX350 150Km
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was shipped 03/28. Have the railcar number. Call to UP to trace it, and I have no idea what that robot lady is saying. For the life of me cannot understand anything but the dates and "loaded", "unloaded" :(

OP
OP
Bludash

Bludash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You might try the CSX tracking even if you are going west. If CSX has anything to do with the shipment they will track it. They own some of the railcars, I think. And some of the track. CSX tracking had a clear male voice.

twracing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan, 2022 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What dealer and were you a rollover?
Sponsored