First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're downsizing from a Ram 1500, and our mountain bikes are actually just as old.

Thinking about the electrification of the replacement truck with its hybrid got my SO talking about investigating downsized "hybrids" for our bicycles as well.

It seems like assisted e-bikes have come a long way in performance and down in cost, just like the hybrid Maverick, and a couple of little folders like this (amazon link) could easily be stored in a short bed, or fatboi tire options that can hit 28mph assisted like:

Thoughts on that or other toys you plan to use with your Maverick?

*(not an endorsement BTW, I have never touched these e-bikes)
Sponsored

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plan to show off my main interest/hobby interest, with this:

Ford Maverick Accessory Toys for your Maverick CBE07DDE-25F7-41AF-A67F-BB5B0EAE64E1

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the one at Neverland Ranch.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plan to show off my main interest/hobby interest, with this:

CBE07DDE-25F7-41AF-A67F-BB5B0EAE64E1.jpeg
Necro on an old post- currently building a roofline layout in HO scale- where did you find this????

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We're downsizing from a Ram 1500, and our mountain bikes are actually just as old.

Thinking about the electrification of the replacement truck with its hybrid got my SO talking about investigating downsized "hybrids" for our bicycles as well.

It seems like assisted e-bikes have come a long way in performance and down in cost, just like the hybrid Maverick, and a couple of little folders like this (amazon link) could easily be stored in a short bed, or fatboi tire options that can hit 28mph assisted like:

E-bikes are awesome! We have several and ride them regularly, 20 miles is a couple hours of great exercise (assuming you're not running it on throttle...). Bikes like the one you linked have come a long way, but they are still entry level. If anyone is looking for a more bike-like riding experience you'd want to look for a mid-drive bike. The good thing is those have come down in price as well!

What used to cost $3-4K or more (more often $4K), you can now find from some of the direct online sellers (with recognized motor/battery names) for around or just above $2k. Mid-drives are inherently more efficient, as they can run at optimal speed for the motor at all times by leveraging the bikes gearing.

Ride1up's prodigy is a good example of the progress e-bikes have made on pricing. for $2,300 you're getting a mid-drive brose powered bike with a higher 28mph top speed (referred to as class 3 or a speed pedelec). 2 of my ebikes are Brose (my wife's is a Yamaha motor). I've ridden Brose, Bosch, Yamaha and several hub-drive bikes. Of all of those, I have found Brose to be the closest to a natural riding experience, where you just feel like you're stronger...not like you're being assisted by a motor. Mid-drives are typically also quieter - more often than not I am hearing other bike noises over the motor (to give an idea).

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don't neeeed the Maverick for it but I'll be hauling my gravel bike to trailheads and heading out on that. Also plan on picking up a couple kayaks to haul around now. The kayaks; those I couldn't do before the Mav.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

From what I have read about them you need to be careful with the batteries. The house fires related to them have been in the News however the brand of the batteries have not.
There are couple of the Chinese brands that are offering fire proof covers for them while charging.
Sponsored