First Name
Mav.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone dealt with this and if so, what was the resolution?

Ordered a 22' in Nov, 21' and rolled it over in Sept, 22'. My car is sitting at the dealership now because I am trying to sort out the private cash offer first, it is a big chunk of money.

I've found out that my dealer did not enter the 22' into the COVP originally and Ford doesn't read my 23 as a rollover. I have not discussed directly with the dealership just yet as I'd like to strategize before I do.

Any advice would be helpful
Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe there have been one or two people on the forum who have been able to overcome the “no MY22 COVP” issue to get their private offer … But I don’t think it is easy, and you will definitely need your dealer’s full cooperation.

To any rational person’s way of thinking, the customer should NOT lose out on the private offer because their dealer didn’t play by the rules. It’s not like customers who ordered MY22 trucks could anticipate the need for their orders to be put through this process … or even know what it was.

I know someone posted that they were able to get their dealer to take the amount of the private offer off their invoice at the time they picked up the truck, with the dealer saying they’d get that money back from Ford when they got the private offer sorted out.

I’d certainly start with that request — since it is certainly not your fault that the private offer requirements weren’t met. (You did your part by placing an order for a MY22 truck in good faith …And then reordering a MY24 when Ford couldn’t build the amY22.)

Maybe your dealer will be reasonable about this. Maybe…

OP
OP
First Name
Mav.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe there have been one or two people on the forum who have been able to overcome the “no MY22 COVP” issue to get their private offer … But I don’t think it is easy, and you will definitely need your dealer’s full cooperation.

To any rational person’s way of thinking, the customer should NOT lose out on the private offer because their dealer didn’t play by the rules. It’s not like customers who ordered MY22 trucks could anticipate the need for their orders to be put through this process … or even know what it was.

I know someone posted that they were able to get their dealer to take the amount of the private offer off their invoice at the time they picked up the truck, with the dealer saying they’d get that money back from Ford when they got the private offer sorted out.

I’d certainly start with that request — since it is certainly not your fault that the private offer requirements weren’t met. (You did your part by placing an order for a MY22 truck in good faith …And then reordering a MY24 when Ford couldn’t build the amY22.)

Maybe your dealer will be reasonable about this. Maybe…
Thanks- yeah my first step will be to go to my dealer and if they are cooperative, I'll let them try and handle it before escalating to any Ford contacts I can find. I don't have faith in the dealership for a number of reasons:

1. They didn't add my correct contact info to my original order
2. They never told me there was a conversion deadline, I had to find it out through the blogs and forums
3. A friend ordered a Maverick and they guaranteed us (I got mine in writing) that they wouldn't add onto of MSRP and they did for him. He complained to someone at Ford and they came down on the dealer to get it resolved
4. Another friend ordered a Maverick and they didn't convert hers and essentially lost her order

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks- yeah my first step will be to go to my dealer and if they are cooperative, I'll let them try and handle it before escalating to any Ford contacts I can find. I don't have faith in the dealership for a number of reasons:

1. They didn't add my correct contact info to my original order
2. They never told me there was a conversion deadline, I had to find it out through the blogs and forums
3. A friend ordered a Maverick and they guaranteed us (I got mine in writing) that they wouldn't add onto of MSRP and they did for him. He complained to someone at Ford and they came down on the dealer to get it resolved
4. Another friend ordered a Maverick and they didn't convert hers and essentially lost her order

Yeah, that doesn’t sound too promising. You might try finding out who Ford’s regional manager is for that dealership. Might be a good resource to contact first, just to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

Because what you need to know,, bottom line, is what it is going to take to resolve the situation.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect that the only reason your truck was built was because they didn't know it was a roll over.

Good luck to you.
Sponsored