Sponsored

2023 Maverick XLT delivered Saturday September 23rd! BUT check engine light came on and current sits at dealership

Texmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My time finally came. I put my order in at my local Ford dealership on July 4, 2022 for a 2023 Maverick XLT with a couple of extra options: Floor mats, hitch, 400 watt outlet for the kiddos and the Ford Co-pilot 360. I ordered the area 51 color as it seems everyone else did as well and while at the dealership I had a spray in bed liner added which I love and have loved in my previous trucks as well.

My family and I drove the truck home and I put a ceramic coating and wax on the truck between Saturday evening and Sunday morning. I will say between the two the paint even looks better! I used the brand "Chemical guys". What have you all used if you applied a ceramic coating or wax? Picture below is of my daughter helping me apply the ceramic wax.

Monday after owning "Bluey" (daughter named the truck) for less than 36 hours the problems started. On the way to drop her off at school Monday morning. Please keep in mind the total miles on the truck is around 60 and the "Low washer fluid light came on". I was thinking how is this possible? I have not even used the wipers or the fluid. I was like I guess I can pick some fluid up but that is just plain weird. Problem # 2 happened when the truck had 65 miles on it and I was going back to pick her up from school. Yes, the check engine light came on at 65 miles! At this point I was like what have I gotten myself into. I called the dealership and and took the truck straight there, by this time the truck had 73 miles. The notification I got said " Check for missing or damaged air filter or air inlet tubing. Check for non-factory exhaust components. If the fault persists, have the system checked my an authorized dealer".

On the way there I called the service department. I gave them my name, a few details and asked "Why would a check engine light pop on after driving the truck 16 miles! I was not happy and I will say they rolled out the red carpet when I arrived. The dealership gave me a loner truck, said I am sorry, had the sales guy come over and said this will be top priority.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Please let me know! Any idea to how long this will take to get fixed? How long do you think I should wait and call to see what in the word is going on. I know I have waited like 500 days but come on Ford!

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick XLT delivered Saturday September 23rd! BUT check engine light came on and current sits at dealership maverick 1

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick XLT delivered Saturday September 23rd! BUT check engine light came on and current sits at dealership maverick 2

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick XLT delivered Saturday September 23rd! BUT check engine light came on and current sits at dealership maverick 3

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick XLT delivered Saturday September 23rd! BUT check engine light came on and current sits at dealership maverick 4
Sponsored

Equator Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Suzuki Equator
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear. I picked mine up Thursday, ceramic coated Friday (just $16 Ceralote from WM, but easy to apply and looks great). I just went over 200 miles no CEL (knocking on wood...). I did have an odd buzzing sound coming from the windshield camera area on a 60 mile highway trip Sunday but not since. Unfortunately, a new vehicle is a lot of moving parts working together for the first time, and there can be issues. Hopefully easily diagnosed and resolved by the dealer. Best of luck to you!

Fancy Farm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 dodge 3500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My time finally came. I put my order in at my local Ford dealership on July 4, 2022 for a 2023 Maverick XLT with a couple of extra options: Floor mats, hitch, 400 watt outlet for the kiddos and the Ford Co-pilot 360. I ordered the area 51 color as it seems everyone else did as well and while at the dealership I had a spray in bed liner added which I love and have loved in my previous trucks as well.

My family and I drove the truck home and I put a ceramic coating and wax on the truck between Saturday evening and Sunday morning. I will say between the two the paint even looks better! I used the brand "Chemical guys". What have you all used if you applied a ceramic coating or wax? Picture below is of my daughter helping me apply the ceramic wax.

Monday after owning "Bluey" (daughter named the truck) for less than 36 hours the problems started. On the way to drop her off at school Monday morning. Please keep in mind the total miles on the truck is around 60 and the "Low washer fluid light came on". I was thinking how is this possible? I have not even used the wipers or the fluid. I was like I guess I can pick some fluid up but that is just plain weird. Problem # 2 happened when the truck had 65 miles on it and I was going back to pick her up from school. Yes, the check engine light came on at 65 miles! At this point I was like what have I gotten myself into. I called the dealership and and took the truck straight there, by this time the truck had 73 miles. The notification I got said " Check for missing or damaged air filter or air inlet tubing. Check for non-factory exhaust components. If the fault persists, have the system checked my an authorized dealer".

On the way there I called the service department. I gave them my name, a few details and asked "Why would a check engine light pop on after driving the truck 16 miles! I was not happy and I will say they rolled out the red carpet when I arrived. The dealership gave me a loner truck, said I am sorry, had the sales guy come over and said this will be top priority.

Has anyone had an experience like this? Please let me know! Any idea to how long this will take to get fixed? How long do you think I should wait and call to see what in the word is going on. I know I have waited like 500 days but come on Ford!

maverick 1.jpg

maverick 2.jpg

maverick 3.jpg

maverick 4.jpg

Fancy Farm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 dodge 3500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because parts are new doesn't mean they are good. You are way more likely to discover defective parts when new than after some run time.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry about your CEL. I use Griot’s Garage products including their ceramic. They have a more traditional liquid where you apply it just like a regular liquid wax. They also have a product that is spray on and wipe off which is what I have used. Great products. Regarding your CEL I was chatting with a sales guy at my local GMC dealer yesterday. He said they got one of the new Canyons in and as soon as they got it off the delivery truck the CEL came on. Crazy to think that happens on brand new vehicles. Hopefully yours is a simple fix. Also on the washer fluid, I had the same happen on my new. Bronco Sport. I had used the washer fluid two times and then got the message. It appeared that my dealer just had not fully filled up the reservoir.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Texmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry about your CEL. I use Griot’s Farage products including their ceramic. They have a more traditional liquid where you apply it just like a regular liquid wax. They also have a product that is spray on and wipe off which is what I have used. Great products. Regarding your CEL I was chatting with a sales guy at my local GMC dealer yesterday. He said they got one of the new Canyons in and as soon as they got it off the delivery truck the CEL came on. Crazy to think that happens on brand new vehicles. Hopefully yours is a simple fix. Also on the washer fluid, I had the same happen on my new. Bronco Sport. I had used the washer fluid two times and then got the message. It appeared that my dealer just had not fully filled up the reservoir.

Only time will tell. I called the dealership and still no idea. Is there any kinda of recourse that can be had?

Jelvismc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry about your CEL. I use Griot’s Farage products including their ceramic. They have a more traditional liquid where you apply it just like a regular liquid wax. They also have a product that is spray on and wipe off which is what I have used. Great products. Regarding your CEL I was chatting with a sales guy at my local GMC dealer yesterday. He said they got one of the new Canyons in and as soon as they got it off the delivery truck the CEL came on. Crazy to think that happens on brand new vehicles. Hopefully yours is a simple fix. Also on the washer fluid, I had the same happen on my new. Bronco Sport. I had used the washer fluid two times and then got the message. It appeared that my dealer just had not fully filled up the reservoir.
Love Griots products, their flagship store is in Tacoma WA near my home. So fun to go there and have them show you products you “need” lol. I do love their ceramic products a lot. Great results and easy to use

Detroit D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XLT BLK PK / 2022 F-150 XLT BLK PK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same thing happened to ours - EGR Valve Solenoid Issue. Dealer replaced some sort of sensor and problem was resolved. That was 3000 miles ago and all is good...

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first 90 days are the shake down cruise to find any weak part. I been lucky with mine. Got my22 in November of 22. Had some weird shit happen but fix itself.
Sponsored