• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
Cool. I bet they will get a decent number more of sales.

Crazy these things were supposed to be launched like 9 months ago

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair, Ford Maverick.
Occupation
Railroader
Thats going to be one smooth drivetrain the 2.3 has always been a little rough around the edges.

Sportshot2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150 FX4 (totaled) 2021 Acura RDX, 2021 KIA
Occupation
Retired
I configured a Lariat with the 2.7 and as Close as possible to my Ranger Raptor and the price came about $3800 cheaper. I thought there would be more of a difference in price between the Lariat and Raptor but there isnā€™t. The Raptors 3.0 engine, suspension, tires and wider stance are a bargain for $3800.

I intended to purchase a Lariat with the 2.7 but Ford sure wasnā€˜t in a hurry to make it available and I got lucky and stumbled upon the Raptor I got.

Sponsored

bschlach

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GT conv, 2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Master Electrician
My Lariat is scheduled for build in just three weeks (May 20th), my dealer checked this morning first thing and Ford won't let me change to the 2.7 this close to the build date. They also don't have any open allocations right now to reorder a new one at this time. Guess I will stick with the 2.3 (which has gotten great reviews in the new Ranger for power and MPG), I could always upgrade next year.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
My Lariat is scheduled for build in just three weeks (May 20th), my dealer checked this morning first thing and Ford won't let me change to the 2.7 this close to the build date. They also don't have any open allocations right now to reorder a new one at this time. Guess I will stick with the 2.3 (which has gotten great reviews in the new Ranger for power and MPG), I could always upgrade next year.
Wouldn't it be a retail order? Didn't realize those would have allocations as well. Thought that was mainly an issue with Raptors

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Community Affairs.....
I configured a Lariat with the 2.7 and as Close as possible to my Ranger Raptor and the price came about $3800 cheaper. I thought there would be more of a difference in price between the Lariat and Raptor but there isnā€™t. The Raptors 3.0 engine, suspension, tires and wider stance are a bargain for $3800.

I intended to purchase a Lariat with the 2.7 but Ford sure wasnā€˜t in a hurry to make it available and I got lucky and stumbled upon the Raptor I got.
thats why Im guessing they either wont do a Tremor pkg on the 6G OR theyre going to jack up the price on the Raptor.... :rolleyes:

bschlach

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GT conv, 2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Master Electrician
My impression is they are each only allowed so many units/orders. They told me if I reorder it likely does not get picked up because they have no allocations available right now.

My existing order is a retail order and will have a green window sticker, it was ordered Mar19 2024 and picked that week with a May20 build week.

Wildo

First Name
Weldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Occupation
Retired
Will they offer a different rear axle for the 2.7? I donā€™t see an axle choice on the new configuration chart. I had a 2016 f150 Lariat FX4 with the 2.7 engine and my axle was a 3.55. I had plenty of power for hauling and all around driving, plus 22-23 mpg on hwy at 75 mph. I buddy who had a 2016 LX 2 wheel drive with the 2.7 and a 3.23 rear axle. His truck didnā€™t ride as smooth as mind, but he did get a little better fuel economy. I just donā€™t understand why they are not offering a higher speed axle in a smaller truck. I suppose it is easier for them to install one that fits all, except the Raptor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Community Affairs.....
Will they offer a different rear axle for the 2.7? I donā€™t see an axle choice on the new configuration chart. I had a 2016 f150 Lariat FX4 with the 2.7 engine and my axle was a 3.55. I had plenty of power for hauling and all around driving, plus 22-23 mpg on hwy at 75 mph. I buddy who had a 2016 LX 2 wheel drive with the 2.7 and a 3.23 rear axle. His truck didnā€™t ride as smooth as mind, but he did get a little better fuel economy. I just donā€™t understand why they are not offering a higher speed axle in a smaller truck. I suppose it is easier for them to install one that fits all, except the Raptor.
Doesnt look like it. same 3.73 as the 2.3.
4.27 in the RRaptor

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
thats why Im guessing they either wont do a Tremor pkg on the 6G OR theyre going to jack up the price on the Raptor.... :rolleyes:
I expect pricing to go up on the Raptor to jump considerably soon. That's what they did on the Bronco Raptor. It's really a crazy good bargain right now.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I expect pricing to go up on the Raptor to jump considerably soon. That's what they did on the Bronco Raptor. It's really a crazy good bargain right now.
It really is, if I wasn't going to be towing with mine I'd def have opted for a Raptor.

Sportshot2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150 FX4 (totaled) 2021 Acura RDX, 2021 KIA
Occupation
Retired
It really is, if I wasn't going to be towing with mine I'd def have opted for a Raptor.
How much weight do you tow? I just came home from towing my RR to the gun club and it was a joke, it only weighs about 3000 lbs so t he 4.27 axel got it moving at minimum throttle. The RR is rated to pull 5500#ā€™s and if your under that I wouldnā€™t consider the non RR. The ride pulling the trailer was better than without it, the suspension is fabulous. Yup, if youā€™re concerned about gas mileage the RR is probably not for you. Premium 91+ is expensive but Iā€™m an old man and donā€™t give a crap.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
How much weight do you tow? I just came home from towing my RR to the gun club and it was a joke, it only weighs about 3000 lbs so t he 4.27 axel got it moving at minimum throttle. The RR is rated to pull 5500#ā€™s and if your under that I wouldnā€™t consider the non RR. The ride pulling the trailer was better than without it, the suspension is fabulous. Yup, if youā€™re concerned about gas mileage the RR is probably not for you. Premium 91+ is expensive but Iā€™m an old man and donā€™t give a crap.
I had actually almost updated that post to include the MPG once I thought about. I always forget about that.

I plan to tow 6-6500 lbs. Also the lower payload capacity plays into towing. I do plan to bring my wife and 2 kids (even if i don't want to) so any extra payload helps.
Sponsored