Sponsored

Search results

  1. Ran the 1/4 mile tonight to celebrate 80k miles

    If you're around Orlando Dec 17-19 you should check out KOG at Speed World. It's an experience you may not have had at the track.
  2. This will be the last Ford I buy

    Always good to try another cable, but I already have different cables in each vehicle, and mostly I'm connecting via WiFi.
  3. lane assist

    I believe (check me on this) you can have the adaptive cruise off but the lane keep still on. The button on the steering wheel lets you cycle through the options anytime you like. Try it with cruise off, and then again with adaptive cruise on. I have all my lane keep stuff turned off unless...
  4. lane assist

    As I recall, the lane centering only works when adaptive cruse is on. Regular cruise it doesn't work. There might be lane keep assist, which is like bumper bowling, but not the good stuff that basically steers for you. I'm probably using the wrong terms for the tech, but you know what I mean.
  5. How your A/c Compressor works..☃️🥶❄️

    It's how I read it. Anyway, I do like the AC on the Mav. It's nice to hit the remote start and just have the AC come on.
  6. How your A/c Compressor works..☃️🥶❄️

    I don't think the Maverick qualifies as a mild hybrid. My understanding is a mild hybrid never propels the vehicle under electric-only conditions. A Ram e-Torque is a mild hybrid, where the electric only assists under certain conditions but the ICE is running all the time.
  7. All The Reasons You Should Buy A Maverick Instead Of An F-150 🛻💨💨

    I have an F150 and a Maverick. I need/want both. If I could only have one, it would have to be the F150. The Maverick won't tow either of my trailers with a load. The F150 is so much nicer going down the highway than the Maverick. As much as I like the Maverick, I wouldn't have enjoyed the...
  8. “Cannot detect key message”

    I had that on my 2017 F150 a few times. I mentioned it to a friend, and he had the same. He talked to his dealer who asked him if he was at a Kwik Star convenience store when it occurred. He was. So was I. I think there are some electronic devices that can interfere, probably creating noise...
  9. How a Turbocharger Works🤠

    Agreed. I have an F150 with the 3.5EB and it's great. The engine would last longer if built the same but without the turbos, but I wouldn't own it in that case. In either case it isn't going to live as many miles as an OTR turbo diesel class 8 truck.
  10. How a Turbocharger Works🤠

    It's a bit of an apples/oranges comparison. EGT's on turbo diesels are typically 300-500 degrees cooler at full power than a gasoline engine. They typically are also already built stronger than a gasoline engine and operate at a notably lower output/liter. Turbos definitely work, and are...
  11. 1/4 Mile Dragstrip results from my 2025 AWD XLT 2.0 EB Maverick

    Definitely some inconsistencies with the incrementals, but it looks like you put it all together for the third run. 93 mph is strong.
  12. Winter Wheels And Tires - What's Your Setup?

    I live in northern Iowa, so probably not as much total snowfall as you but similar number of days with slippery roads. The majority of people here don't change tires for the winter. If you haven't driven with dedicated snow tires, you simply don't know what you're missing. I used to get by...
  13. Lariat or well spec'd XLT?

    I wanted the stuff the Lariat added on my 2025. Spray in bedliner, adjustable bed tie-down rails, better stereo, heated seats and wheel, AWD, fake leather upholstery, and anything that had the possibility of being quieter. I built a 2026 in blue with the options I wanted, and the exact truck...
  14. Tailgate Open Notification?

    Yep. On my 25 I can access the rear or side cameras while in motion. I don't recall being able to use the front one though, certainly for liability reasons.
  15. Quick option for a bed mat!

    Check your local farm stores. They often have bed mats in stock. Otherwise, I would see if there is any cardboard you can round up, possibly at a recycling center or at an appliance store.
  16. Missing features of my 26 Lariat HB

    Depending on the model, that's true. My previous vehicle was a 2022 Camry AWD (purchased new), and through the 60k miles I had it, it got tires and normal maintenance. It had no breakdowns and zero recalls. My Maverick has had two recalls in the 4 months I've had it. The Camry is a unibody...




Top