That looks sharp! I just applied these same overlays to my Ruby Red last week, and had the thought that it’d be nice to have the letters cut-out to show paint color.
Depends on where you look I guess. $59 on Ford Accessories and Amazon all day long; I ordered these off Etsy for my gray ‘25 and ordered the same ones for the Ruby Red ‘25.
I felt a little bad for the lady driving the Kia. With all of that, none of her airbags deployed—but she did not appear to be injured, just understandably shook up. But yeah, gotta be paying attention to the right thing.
Steering wheel, driver knee, and font & rear curtain passenger-side airbags. Insurance co. verbally declared it a total loss when I answered that question.
Could be. I was vehicle #3 of 5, I managed to stop without hitting the F250 in front of me but this one pushed me into it. Needless to say, Copilot was a hard requirement when I began my search for a new one that afternoon. I walked away with no injuries.
I can vouch for the $20 3D letters staying put…I installed these 18 months ago, this pic is from 2 weeks ago:
Pics of the new Mav, Ruby Red edition, coming up separately…waiting on a couple of my accessories to arrive today/tomorrow.
I’d think you would tap the wire to a a source such as the parking lamp or side marker lights. Theoretically, this would turn the lights on when these lights turn on; I’m sure someone else on here has done this previously.
Had mine replaced on my XLT earlier this year with Carlex Soundscreen; insurance company covered it with nothing out-of-pocket. Provided the glass company the part number for the Soundscreen glass, they submitted it and it was paid.
Had to do this when my windshield was replaced a few months ago. This is best done with someone in the driver’s seat in addition to the one adjusting the wiper arms, to gauge when the arms park in the appropriate place.
I upgraded to the Defender 2’s on my Maverick a couple of months ago, at 42k. 12k so far on these, very pleased so far. No noticeable difference in mileage. These, and replacing the cracked windshield with the SoundScreen glass made a noticeable difference in noise for highway/interstate driving.
Correct. This often happens with Apple Maps, if I try to adjust the music volume while a Naps notification is playing it instead turns down the music volume.
2025 XLT FWD Hybrid here, Carbonized Gray. I’m based out of Gainesville GA, but due to my job I can be spotted across GA, Alabama, North FL and west SC.
I 1000% agree with the need for this, the door armrest is too low and the windowsill too high. I drive 200-500 miles per day, and both positions absolutely kill my already-sore shoulder. And yes, really needs to be offered in blue or black, for those of us non-BAP owners.
Same as all the above. I travel in mine all week for work (GA, AL, SC,FL) and definitely wave and admire my Mav brethren/sistren! It’s fun to see the different colors and customizations out there, and talk shop when stopped at gas stations/etc.
Got my ‘25 XLT in January, and have 14k on the truck/tires. I’m not seeing any significant wear on mine. That said, when it’s time to replace them I’ll likely go with something quieter/longer warranty to improve the highway drive experience.