Sponsored

Search results

  1. Maverick Steering at Interstate Speeds

    I have to point out that if it was a tire issue it would still be an issue in sport mode. It is GONE in sport mode.
  2. Maverick Steering at Interstate Speeds

    Also I switch to standard mode on local roads. You can switch while moving. It’s not a tire issue. It was fixed immediately by using Sport mode. My Maverick had less than optimum limited access highway tracking from the get go. As I got older it bothered me more. Driving my ex wife’s CRV on...
  3. Maverick Steering at Interstate Speeds

    The mileage at 65 to 75 mph is little changed because the ICE is in almost constant use. Probably suffers somewhat in merging accelerations. But I can modulate that with my right foot. I’m almost 82 & the squirrelly standard mode highway tracking was unpleasant & exhausting.
  4. Maverick Steering at Interstate Speeds

    My 2022 XL hybrid has been a good purchase. My only complaints are the battery saver mode coming on frequently & until recently mediocre tracking at highway speeds needing constant micro steering corrections. It got nerve wracking on long rides. I recently found out that engaging Sport Mode...
  5. LIGHT BLUE Maverick Photos Thread

    I like it. I have a 2022 area 54 blue which is good looking but prefer this new color. At least in the photos it’s easier to locate in parking lots. Mavericks with their conservative style & smaller size can handle bright colors without looking like an Oscar Meyer vehicle.
  6. Battery Drain issue

    Though I did see the 12volt battery has to also power modules like the PCM to start engine
  7. Battery Drain issue

    If I believe Google’s wonky AI, it appears that you are correct & I’m wrong. Good information to know. Thanks
  8. Battery Drain issue

    The high voltage battery charges the 12 volt which starts the ICE. If stuck with weak 12 volt battery truck won’t start. It would have enough voltage to just open a relay probably 99% of the time. When you jump start the Hybrid it’s done from the posts under the hood. I believe the most recent...
  9. Battery Drain issue

    Maverick hybrid starts with the 12 Volt battery
  10. Dealer says they've never heard of Maverick battery problems

    I’m going to put an AGM in my 2022 Hybrid especially since they’ve made Ford Pass useless. Putting an AGM battery in my motorcycle allowed it to sit for months without trickle charging but start right up on warmer winter riding days. AGM batteries are the bee’s knees, so much better than flooded...
  11. 2023 XLT Hybrid battery saver mode/driving mode question

    I’m curious if my reply post to you was fully shown at your end. It was 8 lines long on my iPhone.
  12. 2023 XLT Hybrid battery saver mode/driving mode question

    The problem is not the HV lithium battery, it’s the 12 volt lead acid battery. There’s too much going on after truck is parked. It sounds like Hal is rummaging around in the garage. Regarding phone & laptop batteries leaving them plugged in after they reach 100% isn’t good for them, though I...
  13. Battery Drain issue

    You gotta get a rechargeable jump starting power brick to not get stranded with the lead acid batteries. They come with flashlight & usb port. Store it under passenger seat. I put my stock lead acid battery on trickle charge numerous times & it wouldn’t go over 11.7 volts. I’ve had battery saver...
  14. Manual Sliding Rear Glass Aftermarket Solution - LQQK

    I’ve got the same truck in same color & regret not getting the sliding rear window. I didn’t get it because I thought it was only available in manual with XL. Was worried that if caught in rain shower I’d have to pull over & get in the back to close. I got the moonroof but seldom use. I had a...
  15. Sudden Brake Failure - Crashed Into Building

    Modern vehicles have dual brake master cylinders, so a loss of brake fluid in one set of brake lines doesn’t result in total loss of braking
  16. Changing to AGM

    Install it yourself, it ain’t rocket science
  17. Changing to AGM

    Don’t we love acronyms
  18. URGENT - First Oil Change?

    I first changed my own oil & filter on my hybrid at 2,500 miles because I wanted to see if everything was alright. Used Mobil 1 0W-20 hybrid specific 20K oil & Ford filter. Better safe than sorry. I’m 80 & continue to change my oil & anything else that needs doing that’s not covered by recall. I...
  19. Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery Dead, Left Stranded

    I forgot to mention how much more I travel because the fantastic gas Mileage the Maverick gets & where else can you get a sunroof in a base model?
  20. Maverick Hybrid 12V Battery Dead, Left Stranded

    I’m 80 & own a 2022 XL Hybrid I waited a year for. It was built during when there was a batch of bad Mexican crankshafts installed. Mine has been fine but Ford upped the guarantee to 100K miles or 10 years, it was reassuring. I read about battery worries & bought a $60 jump start power brick to...




Top