First video is the Mangoal dash cam unboxing and installation. One screw mounting and comes with a harness to feed off of the factory camera. Blends in great. Can be done in ten minutes. Rear cam is not too bad, but you do need to get behind and underneath panels.
Second video has actual feed...
The transmission oil pump is only activated with the gas engine running. The PHEV Fusion and Cmax added an external oil pump to account for the reduced engine running time.
I must say this is the easiest vehicle I've ever changed plugs on. Standard spark plug socket, extension, ratchet, and an 8mm drive are the only tools necessary.
Could have been dust buildup over time or algae. I live in a high humidity area and run AC constantly. The rubber cover has a very narrow flap, didn’t take much to stop it up.
Had some water on the floor so took the opportunity to change the cabin air filter and clear the AC drain. Had a LOT more water in the box than what I expected.
It is only accessable by disassembling the transmission. It is a plastic/metal housing that bolts to the oil pump. Just better off purchasing a new one.
Not that I can find, but I do have more miles than most Maverick drivers(private owners anyway).
I had called one independent shop, but they would not touch a hybrid. I think it would be really tough to find a shop to open the transmission and replace parts. I did find one work-from-home...
DONE! Been back on the road for a few weeks and logged a few thousand miles without issue.
Cliff Notes:
Heard a funny squeeky sound and few miles later the truck would not move. Thought it was an engine bearing issue due to the trouble code, turned out to be the gear on the transfer shaft that...
I'd guess you have it sorted by now, but no, it is not all of the way in. That side has a spring clip on the shaft. You have to give it a good pop to seat it.
Got it back together three weeks ago and added about 2,000 miles. So far everything is working great. Will take an oil sample next week to serve as a base line and then another in 30,000 miles. Took a lot of hours and $1,000 but was much better than $8-9k from the dealer.
Yep, that’s me. In the process of exploring the transmission I broke a wire. That part is currently out for repair and I’m just waiting for it to come back. I have a road trip coming up in a few weeks, so I’m anxious to reassemble everything and get it back on the road.
I reviewed all the video...