I know I haven’t been keeping up with this thread very well, but I thought I’d update everyone.
I bought new tires, got the “LT245/70R-17 GOODYEAR WRANGLER ALL-TERRAIN ADVENTURE WITH KEVLAR PRO-GRADE E” from tirerack.com because I’m fixing to move and I’ll be driving a lot more on gravel roads...
I have the AWD, so the rears are driven, albeit intermittently. I also don’t know of any specific events of any acute trauma to that wheel (curb, pothole, etc.) that could’ve caused anything to have gotten bent.
Hey everyone, I’m testing the waters here..
I have an issue with my ‘22 Lariat AWD (2.0l) where my rear right tire has worn exponentially faster than the other 3 tires. The tires are relatively new, <1 year old / 20k miles, and are BFGoodrich Trail-Terrain T/A 235/65R17/XL 108T tires.
Off the...
Thanks, I really like it! I do wish the windows flipped up for access, but I also like the appearance of this shell better. The flip up windows are much smaller and required a frame that went around the window and it didn’t look as good. ( in my opinion)
I only used the word “licensed” because that’s what I meant. Ford specifically endorses certain manufacturers to produce products for their various models, thus awarding those manufacturers licensure, in exchange for a percentage of sales to return to Ford in the form of royalties.
In the...
That’s actually my concern—that gap between the cab and the cap is really small, and with the Maverick being a unibody, it has to flow to the channel a few inches from the front of the bed. I’m just hoping it doesn’t freeze in the process and fill the gap with ice.
So, snugtop had the accessory contract from ford exclusively, but ford then licensed leer to make the caps. They are from the same parent company (snugtop, leer, century caps, and bedslide are all part of the “leer group” of JB Poindexter & Co.) so I don’t know how that transpired.
Thanks! I will add that since the bed is so short, access hasn’t been a problem. I can reach the front of the bed from a kneeling position on the tailgate. That side access would be great, no doubt, but I’m immensely grateful that I went with the mid rise. The Maverick bed is small enough...
A.R.E. isn’t owned by Leer. They were their own company starting in 1969 but were acquired by THI in 2015.
Leer is a part of the ‘Leer Group’ owned by J.B. Poindexter & Co. and includes Leer, SnugTop, Century, Pace Edwards (by Leer), and Bedslide.
Honestly, I’m not sure if you can mount bars in too but I’d be surprised if you can’t. It sits just below the level of the bars I have on the roof of the cab though, so bars on the cap would be pretty high up there.
I ordered it paint matched, so it came from the factory in Area 51 blue.
The...
Hey everybody, I’m new to the forum but I’ve had my Maverick for a little over a year now. I was faced with immense difficulty in getting one ordered, as many others were. I lucked out and found mine with 1600 miles on it and bought it from the owner of a dealership.
Anyway, I absolutely love...