I am wondering about the “swing” of the motorhome. This is the distance from the rear axle to the hitch (or rear bumper). A longer swing will initially pivot to the right in a left hand turn and trigger the wheels to turn in that direction. Some C-class motorhomes have a very long swing. It...
Thanks for the encouragement. Like you, I did remove the one on my 2023, and sold it. Then Demco (via e-trailer) sent me the wrong older model for my 2025 Lariat by mistake, so this is the second one I’m selling. Thankfully it’s brand new so I didn’t have to work to hard for it. I’m a bit...
Hey Tony.
The installation on my ‘25 was pretty much the same as my ‘23. The bar just goes up over the radar unit. You don’t need to disassemble it and make any cuts to the support around it. You do need to shape the shroud around the lower rad and take out 3 vanes on each side. Otherwise it’s...
I’m not sure what you mean by metal work. The shutters snap out easily, and the cutting done for the Demco baseplate is all plastic or rubber. I used an oscillating saw and tin cutting shears. I just followed the e-trailer video as the installation for the ‘25 lariat is almost identical to the...
I had mine “reset” at the dealers. They had tried that earlier and it didn’t take, but I suppose they hadn’t tried the negative battery terminal reset? Anyway it’s working for now.
Good morning. Yes. I took the same shutters off as it appeared they would interfere. It was easy enough to remove and I didn’t feel there was any risk in doing that. And yes I have the 4K towing pkg.
I didn’t hard wire the lights yet. I ran the wires but wound up using wireless lights from Canadian Tire. They work great and I’m not worried about feedback or issues with cross wiring circuits. With the Lariat (or any of the Mav models) you have to interrupt the brake signal to the tailights or...
I don’t see anything different … I would say I was 1/4” or more away from getting the screws in. I just angled them and had my wife heave down and I got one of the 4 lodged. Then got it’s cousin in and it made the others a little easier.
I had the same thing happen this week. GPS stuck on our home address. Is this just a 2025 Lariat issue?
I went to the dealer and they took me in immediately and tried the Ford resets. No luck. So I had to schedule an appt in early December! Snow tire season is upon us! The tech said it may be...
I didn’t use any washers. My wife helped to pull the fascia down and I fit the screws into the cowling on an angle and pulled it into place. It was a BEAR! As I said earlier, bad words were spoken!
Yes. That’s exactly what I had to do…the second time. The first installation the bolt alignment was close, but I was able to get the bolts into the threads of the bottom bar. But then it took a real thrashing on the back roads of Maine, and the tow bar loosened from the mountings. I had to...
Living in Ontario, and having seen this in multiple family vehicles, rusting of the rear rotors is largely from disuse, ie not applying sufficient pedal force to heat the rotors adequately to remove moisture. I advise my kids to “brake hard” coming off the highway at least 1 a week or so. This...
I managed to do exactly the same thing when installing my Demco base plate on my Maverick. I started the car and realized I hadn’t connected the plug for the lights and forward facing camera. I reached in through the wheel well opening and connected the plug, and a few starts later the code...
I don’t use an umbilical connection running from the coach to the toad. I have a set of wireless turn signals as I don’t like cutting into the wiring if possible, and I connect a 100 AH lithium battery to my toad battery to maintain its charge while towing. It has worked flawlessly in the 2023...
The fix seems to have worked. I installed the brake buddy and operated it last week. The brake operation does not cause lock up and the degree of braking is substantially reduced.
Interestingly, because there was a defect of the structure of the base, Hoskins said it was covered under warranty...
In a couple of other threads I questioned why the brake buddy was locking up my 2025 Maverick Lariat.
I think I have solved the riddle of why the Brake Buddy locks up my Maverick hybrid (toad) brakes! The calibration of their pressure sensor is way off. I added a regulator with a pressure gauge...
My Brake Buddy has a setting specifically for Hybrid vehicles. But Hopkins won’t assist in figuring out how to manage the Maverick. The Mav has electric assist not vacuum assist brakes and should be accommodated by the hybrid setting. But it’s too strong, even at 10psi.
I finally did get the...
I have a Brake Buddy Select 3 which I use in my 2025 Maverick Lariat Hybrid. My problem is the when the brake buddy activates it slams on the brakes and locks up all 4 wheels on the Maverick. Even when it’s on lowest PSI setting (10 lbs) and on Hybrid selection. I spoke to Hopkins (the...