Given the driver's hands are presumably on the wheel, he doesn't need a Jesus strap. Then again, not having them on the wheel might be why the passenger is clinging to his!
:crackup:
26Q3 now in.
Wow, another quarter come and gone!
Another wild quarter; don't expect such things to happen often!
This quarter, I lost a little bit of ground (but a trivial amount to what I've gained in prior quarters!)
As of September 30, 2026, the Roth held $57,351, while the payoff is...
This is Las Vegas, and the tire has been in service for a year and a half.
For most of it's first year, it was the rear passenger side tire, sitting in the driveway facing the eastern sun.
Tires here die of UV (we call it "dry rot", I dunno if that's what it really is); we never wear out the...
wow.
grr.
To be clear, pressure wasn't low at time of curb; I'd filled it to 36 about 5 minutes earlier.
It also never had even a short period at 10 under. It hit 29 once, but the usual drop was to 31 to 32. It never drove more than a few miles at these pressures. (OK, I'm assuming that...
So today I topped off, yet again, the one problem tire that loses 5psi or so overnight every time the temperature drops a few degrees.
Drove 2.5 miles.
Hit a curb turning into parking space.
:curse:
pulling out, I noticed the "1" for tire pressure.
Pulled compressor from back seat; it...
I drive at auctions, and I'm just stunned at some of the "restomods" and how little sense they make.
LS3 mated to a 700R4 in a 50s vehicle.
Or a couple of days ago, a 60s SUV-like 4x4 with over 800hp mated to to a 10R80--for which ford has to limit the electric motor of the Powerboost to stay...
As I turned the driver's side visor down a couple of days ago, it simply detached from the roof:
to the side, drooping
snapped up:
I don't know for certain whether it's attached to anything more than the lining at the moment.
Not being able to flip to the side and back just isn't an...
I can't speak for all 50 states, but it seems that the common thread is that state laws require that if a vehicle charges a doc fee, it absolutely must, no exceptions, charge the same fee to all customers.
Personally, I think it should be labeled a "screw you!" fee in the largest typeface used...
Congress has tried to force technology before, and been thwarted by reality.
I believe it was the initial fuel economy mandate, but law school was, uhm, a while back.
Anyway, once it got to the supreme court, the ruling was pretty much: Congress tried to push fuel economy with this mandate...
Hot water and a fluffy towel?
🤔
Anyway, I'd be satisfied if it could figure out that when it's over 100F, and has been for months, there's no reason to turn on the heated steering wheel that hasn't been used in months (save fro the other times it's done this)
Nevada dealt with this a couple of decades ago by changing from "a) drunk or b) .08" to "a) drunk or b) .08 within two hours after driving".
And also having aa judge on duty to assure warrants for blood draw.
We get so little rain in this hot, dry climate that I've given up on replacing both wipers.
when we get a rain, I put a new wiper on the driver's side, and move the old one to the passenger side.
Sometimes, but not often, it's still usable a few months later when it rains again. Then I celebrate!
On one of our dealer rows, it would seem to be the chubby lady by the curb with shorts that don't quite reach her thighs, who walks up to any car that slows down . . .
🤪