Sponsored

Recent content by NIKwithoutaC

  1. Who made this picture?

    Looks like it could be AI, but regardless, would make a great t-shirt (wink-wink-nudge-nudge).
  2. Lobo at The Dragon.

    Awesome pics! I haven't made it down to The Dragon yet, but I've driven in other parts of the Smokies a few times. There's some awesome driving roads and amazing views out that way.
  3. Maverick Lobo Autocross Testing & Handling Upgrades

    What's it doing, exactly? Do you think it's limitations are more about protecting the drivetrain or is it more like an electronic nanny that thinks you're losing control? Genuinely curious to see how these behave on track once folks put more power to them with the new turbo kits, tuners, etc...
  4. Sgt. Gator 2025 Maverick Lobo Track & Autocross Thread

    Interesting to see the difference octane makes in these trucks. Thanks for sharing!
  5. Maverick Lobo Autocross Testing & Handling Upgrades

    That's absolutely how the rev limiter should work in the Mav but IMHO I don't care for how Honda does manual mode. There really needs to be a dedicated button to turn it on and off. I say this because I have, on occasion, accidentally bumped the paddles in my wife's Honda and the only way I...
  6. Maverick Lobo Autocross Testing & Handling Upgrades

    It would probably be a terrible idea from a warranty standpoint, but I really wish Ford would have put a soft rev limiter logic in the ECU and allow the driver to hang in gear on it. Manual mode in these trucks is so sterilized it's almost entirely useless. I didn't know this was possible...
  7. 2027 Maverick Discount Packages Coming + Answers to Your Questions

    This is true in the sense that both drivetrains can now be had with AWD and 4K tow. When it comes to acceleration and/or sustained high-performance driving, the EB has a clear advantage. I know that second part isn't something the majority of Mav buyers are interested in but... We do exist. 😄
  8. Suddenly have Slippery mode in my 2026 Lobo

    I think the general consensus is that the TCU does not have an internal battery.
  9. Suddenly have Slippery mode in my 2026 Lobo

    I did have automatic updates turned off, but ended up turning them back on a couple months ago because I had FOMO. Same reason I haven't (yet) pulled the telematics fuse. I'm not opposed to updates, I would just like to know what they are, when they're available, and have the choice to...
  10. Suddenly have Slippery mode in my 2026 Lobo

    How? Agree 1000%. Also, this is a product that Ford no longer owns. How manufacturers can get away with making unannounced changes with zero notification to the owner is kind of mind bending. PCs don't do this, cellphones don't do this, even 3D printers don't do this.
  11. Suddenly have Slippery mode in my 2026 Lobo

    Is there a way to see these "silent" updates? If they do this and it doesn't show up on the software updates list (either in the vehicle or through the app), that's a big smelly pile of BS.
  12. My Hybrid Lobo mash up

    I was always disappointed that color wasn't available on the Lobo. Every vehicle with sporting intentions oughta have a red option.
  13. Fob cover (DIY 3D print) to prevent accidentally pressing panic alarm button

    Small update- After some feedback, I made a couple of small changes to the design- Tweaked the geometry to make the cover easier to disassemble. It is now easier to pry apart with a screwdriver without marring the surface. There is now a "window" version of the logo-side cover that will...
  14. F150 "Lightning"

    I wonder if the fire started in the hybrid battery or the fuel system. Either way, those are packaged right next to each other and once they're both burning, that's a lot of heat and some nasty smoke.
  15. MRT Street Race single exit w/ black ops tip installed 7-30-2026

    Don't tease us, we need videos of cold start, idle/rev and takeoff/acceleration!




Top