First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are the components in the Ford towing package fairly standard across their line-up? IE...hitch, 7 blade connector, etc? Most importantly...will the Maverick have a tranny cooler standard or will that be part of towing package?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Spartan_J

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In short... unknown.
The Ranger's tow package only adds the hitch and 7-pin wiring. The truck already has a large enough cooling system.
The F-150 on the other hand gets a bunch of different additional features with the max tow package, including a differently geared rear axle and larger fuel tank, among other things.

The Maverick won't be a towing machine, so I would expect it to be more like the Ranger in that the cooling system will be large enough as standard to support whatever towing it's rated for. We've already seen in pictures that it does include a 7-pin connection with the 2" receiver.
Thanks for reply...that was kind of what I was thinking. I'll be happy if it matches my Escape's 3500# max.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for reply...that was kind of what I was thinking. I'll be happy if it matches my Escape's 3500# max.
My guess is gonna be 2000 pounds with the 1.5 and 3500 pounds with 2.0.

I base this on absolutely no evidence other than speculation. Haha. It wont be a towing monster at all, id honestly be surprised to see numbers higher than those.

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
My guess is gonna be 2000 pounds with the 1.5 and 3500 pounds with 2.0.

I base this on absolutely no evidence other than speculation. Haha. It wont be a towing monster at all, id honestly be surprised to see numbers higher than those.
I am thinking 5000 pounds because they are introducing a Truck not an SUV.

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its a $20k chassis mostly based off the Focus architecture. Overshoot your estimates all you want, itll just lead to dissappointment. I keep expectations in check and understand the market this is produced in and whats it comparable to. Its a car based Ute.

I mean a Ridgeline is rated at 5000 pounds and has a much beefier chassis and engine. You cant possibly think this is gonna try to go toe to toe with that. The Maverick isnt even going to compete with Ridgeline, much less match specs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spartan_J

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its a $20k chassis mostly based off the Focus architecture. Overshoot your estimates all you want, itll just lead to dissappointment. I keep expectations in check and understand the market this is produced in and whats it comparable to. Its a car based Ute.

I mean a Ridgeline is rated at 5000 pounds and has a much beefier chassis and engine. You cant possibly think this is gonna try to go toe to toe with that. The Maverick isnt even going to compete with Ridgeline, much less match specs.

I agree. The chances are slim that the Maverick will weigh 3700#. The Ridgeline is near 4500#.
Sponsored