Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Hawaii and totally want to drop into northern Iowa in late Feb to pick up my Tremor. I love snow and winter driving.
It's the road salt that makes the winter bad news. Cars/trucks from the northern midwest are firmly in the "rustbelt".
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's the road salt that makes the winter bad news. Cars/trucks from the northern midwest are firmly in the "rustbelt".
MIne is going to Hawaii. Salt is in the air year round here.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
that's good news, 44 allocations a healthy number. The following month should likely be decent due to the late year '22 deliveries? Hopeful.
I believe that's the hope! Granger has quite a few Mavericks due to be delivered soon, that should only bump the allocation needle in their favor, at least that's my understanding. I think they really did the right thing in choosing to take care of existing customers first. I wouldn't be surprised to see Granger run through all of their retail orders in just a few months and then left over allocations should get them stock units. I know they certainly deserve it!

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, stock units and local customers should be Granger's bread and butter. Us internet customers would be lower priority as sales allow. I do appreciate how they are honoring the '22 orders they took, it is rare to see such sacrifice and service.

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, stock units and local customers should be Granger's bread and butter. Us internet customers would be lower priority as sales allow. I do appreciate how they are honoring the '22 orders they took, it is rare to see such sacrifice and service.
My 22' ordered from Granger is due to be built 10/24 as it sits now. I appreciate the great $3K off deal I have received. I would have been looking to spend some $$$ in the Accessories Dept but apparently that is closed.

In addition I was looking to buy a 23' Hybrid model ( and I knew there would be no discount) and would have bought at Granger but they were not taking any new orders, this part I'm not really understanding. Granger has worked hard and discounted heavily on Mavericks to get allocations up and then took no new Maverick orders? Like I said I would have and will be paying full MSRP with my 23' order (should it arrive) with @longmcarthur.

If I was Granger I would have taken new 23' orders right off the bat, now the window is closed and it shut fast!

Sponsored

NebraskaMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford "on lot" stock units will become a thing of the past. If stock lot vehicles are going to sell at most dealers for MSRP + then most people will "special order" and Ford will guarantee them a straight MSRP ( no jack up of price) essentially. I think dealerships will be changing drastically going forward.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In addition I was looking to buy a 23' Hybrid model ( and I knew there would be no discount) and would have bought at Granger but they were not taking any new orders, this part I'm not really understanding.

Ford has gone back and forth on how they are giving out vehicles (allocations). When Granger took all the orders last fall with the hybrid, and later into January with the EB, those were vehicles that the Ford system promised to build, allocation or not.

Recently Ford has moved back to an allocation formula which is based on previous sales, and some kind of "velocity" formula. But they are the ones dishing out how many a dealer gets, and it is looking like they will not provide vehicles above and beyond the previous MY sales number.

Further, it seems that MY 23 may very well be a truncated production year.

In any case, I think Granger has done the honorable thing by not flooding the Ford system with orders that will make customers wait a long time. If they end up with 350 or so Mavericks that end up as stock vehicles, I'm sure those will go quickly to local customers that will benefit future service and sales.

Hope that my thought on the matter helps. I sympathize, I'd also rather buy another MSRP Granger Maverick than spend $5k+ ADM with the local California dealers.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Hawaii and totally want to drop into northern Iowa in late Feb to pick up my Tremor. I love snow and winter driving. From videos Ive seen the FX4s and Tremors can hang their tail out. When you put me out there on ice I look like driving for the World of Outlaws Sprints. Whether im in a 24ft box truck, an econoline van, a cj5, or a 5spd beretta I'm as comfortable sideways as I am relaxing in a hammock. I hold many personally records driving commercially in snow emergency weather. Aswell as a beautiful 360 down my neighborhoods street in a extended van when I was 16.

9yC8WoAHaE8?w=276&h=184&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

Granger is in central Iowa. Right in the middle. Iowa has hills and curves by the rivers. Iowa has 1 mile checker board road patterns everywhere else. You can go round in circles or go straight for miles depending on whether you are by a river.

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, jeep patriot, Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 22' ordered from Granger is due to be built 10/24 as it sits now. I appreciate the great $3K off deal I have received. I would have been looking to spend some $$$ in the Accessories Dept but apparently that is closed.

In addition I was looking to buy a 23' Hybrid model ( and I knew there would be no discount) and would have bought at Granger but they were not taking any new orders, this part I'm not really understanding. Granger has worked hard and discounted heavily on Mavericks to get allocations up and then took no new Maverick orders? Like I said I would have and will be paying full MSRP with my 23' order (should it arrive) with @longmcarthur.

If I was Granger I would have taken new 23' orders right off the bat, now the window is closed and it shut fast!
I think Granger is being a bit cautious after how the bronco allocations turned out for them. They didn't want to create another list of 800 people and only get 150 units a year. I'm sure they are watching to see what happens to Long McArthur with their list of 800 Maverick orders in the same region. These allocations for mav, bronco are also based on how many slow selling vehicles are sold... Edge, escape and such.

Thanks Granger for taking care of us 2022 reorder customers!

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any body else getting excited that 2023 scheduling should start next week? I'm getting tired of reading the Granger 22 MY posts on the other granger threads. Glad they are getting their trucks finally but we need some good news for us reorder folks.

Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any body else getting excited that 2023 scheduling should start next week? I'm getting tired of reading the Granger 22 MY posts on the other granger threads. Glad they are getting their trucks finally but we need some good news for us reorder folks.
You are about to find out the hard way that scheduling means nothing when they change the date about 10 times on you. Best thing you can do is just wait until you get an email saying it shipped, nothing else means much.

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are about to find out the hard way that scheduling means nothing when they change the date about 10 times on you. Best thing you can do is just wait until you get an email saying it shipped, nothing else means much.
Yes I've read all of that but getting a VIN is still step one to joining all that fun and will feel more like I will actually get a truck.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That even assumes they will notify immediately upon scheduling. Otherwise if they keep the current system you might be able to find out if you were scheduled via your dealer or Ford customer service but otherwise won't until they send the e-mail closer to production. (And still get rescheduled 5-6 times more).

Fishin4ladyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be on ford chat Thursday late afternoon, I don't wanna bother Granger since they hooked us up with such a great deal.
Sponsored