First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why did I just get an email Ford saying my build date of 7-4 was being moved back due to parts constraints when it’s been in production since 7-01? I even called the dealer and Ford to verify. What the hell is going on with Ford?
Sponsored

Deklon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a few delays to my production week I finally got the email that my production would be the week of July 4th. For the last 10 days it was fun to click the link in that email saying my vehicle "is in production". Today's new email was they are sorry they didn't actually produce my truck and they will get back to me "at least every 45 days"! So sweet, with new contact every 45 days how can a guy still not feel loved?

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick 📬 New "we're sorry" delay email from Ford -- July 14, 2022 Screenshot_20220714-163122_Gmail

Anyone else just get this email? My order was confirmed on July 15th last year. Hybrid XLT Lux with Copilot 360. This was the second time it was scheduled for "in production" after it was supposed to be built June 6th. There goes hopefully having it at least on the way before the one year anniversary

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why did I just get an email Ford saying my build date of 7-4 was being moved back due to parts constraints when it’s been in production since 7-01? I even called the dealer and Ford to verify. What the hell is going on with Ford?
Fords summer intern's who send out random nonsensical emails would also like to know what's going on -

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jesus Christ- I think they must have run out of traction batteries- Ugh

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
obviously parts didn't arrive as promised/on time to keep your build date. Welcome to the new normal.

carbonmav05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Eco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i am currently in production as well, have been since the 5th or so. but i did not receive this email so i am not sure, have you gotten a window sticker yet?

Deklon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do have a window sticker

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the email as well, but mine has made it at least as far as the modules are alive, so I could be hung up waiting for the SIBL, etc. Who the hell knows at this point.

Saw email from Ford and thought I was getting the Built notification. Not so much.

Sponsored

Cletus L

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the same email. Mine showed in production since 7/8.I have the window sticker so I’m guessing it’s built and waiting out in the parking lot for a part..
Mine was ordered 11/11 /21. The real problem is I’ve seen several ordered after mine got built in my region. The exact same truck. xlt lux 4K fx4.Oxford.

Last edited:

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
they ran out of the blue oval emblems.

Ln42

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screenshot_20220714-163122_Gmail.jpg

Anyone else just get this email? My order was confirmed on July 15th last year. Hybrid XLT Lux with Copilot 360. This was the second time it was scheduled for "in production" after it was supposed to be built June 6th. There goes hopefully having it at least on the way before the one year anniversary
Sounds closer to production than mine - ordered hybrid XLT Lux on June 15, 2021 (BTW, happy 1 year anniversary). I got a VIN and initially scheduled for June 27th… wait, Aug 3… wait Aug 15… uh. Now Ford CRC tells me they’re still waiting on a part for the heated steering wheel - which is hilarious to me because that was a feature I could care less about. Since you’re ahead of me I’m crossing my fingers for you cause otherwise mine’s NEVER going to be built 🤣. At least that’s what my 10 year old says.

Berfs1

First Name
Gourob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
I cancelled my maverick order after it got delayed past August. That's telling me its getting rolled over, and i couldnt wait any longer. Waited already 8 months for Ford to keep delaying it further, so I instead had to get a 2013 Lexus ES 300H in spectacular condition and has leather seats plus a sunroof, plus most importantly, isnt recalled for being a literal fire hazard. I really was going to give ford a chance, they kind of let me down on a relatively simple to build car. The dealership was amazing, it's a shame ford had so many "constraints" for a base model truck.

Edit: for clarity on future commenters, i preordered the hybrid in September. I was set on this truck being how cheap it was and it would be perfect for work. The dealership first told me at the end of May it would be in production june 6th. June 6th came and I called, they said it got delayed again. Mind you, FORD wasn't giving me the information until a few weeks later, the DEALERSHIP was giving me every update as soon as it got to them. I tried looking up the production status for my truck, and somehow its not even in the production state anymore, it went backwards. The dealership (Riata Ford in Manor Texas) was amazing, but Ford is horrible at communication. I called it quits when the DEALERSHIP got the info that it was getting delayed to the end of August. Aint no way Ford is giving model year 2022 vehicles when you cant even drive the car more than 1/3 that year. It had to have been getting rolled over at that point. Like i said, the dealership was amazing, and i honestly would have done business with them had FORD stopped delaying the truck so much. I needed a car now, because 15 MPG + premium is getting super expensive now. The ES 300h does around 32 MPG on regular gas, and honestly im happy with that given its got all sorts of luxury goods too.
Sponsored

Last edited: