Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Stated well, it fits a role. Efficient, practical, versatile, and looks good doing it.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Thanks for posting. It’s good to watch any review videos as I patiently wait for my 1st ed hybrid.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of these dumb@ss reviewers need to realize there is a significant difference between a CVT and a E-CVT, and quite using the acronym "CVT" universally.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did he say that was AWD Hybrid? Those aren’t supposed to exist!

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of these dumb@ss reviewers need to realize there is a significant difference between a CVT and a E-CVT, and quite using the acronym "CVT" universally.
Well, it is a type of CVT, and Ford didn't help by not really giving it a unique name other than e-CVT, which just sounds like a CVT with extra steps. :p

Then again, after the Powershift CVT fiasco, which ended up being dubbed power:poop: by the community at large, perhaps they were afraid of coming up with a unique name again.

I think Toyota also calls theirs a eCVT thogh if I'm not mistaken.

Mavhead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan versa
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I initially thought it had a CVT and that scared the crap out of me until I did my research. And found out that it was actually an ecvt. It's still brand new compared to other transmissions on the market but theoretically it should be better. Then again, theoretically, CVT's should have been better

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, it is a type of CVT, and Ford didn't help by not really giving it a unique name other than e-CVT, which just sounds like a CVT with extra steps. :p

Then again, after the Powershift CVT fiasco, which ended up being dubbed power:poop: by the community at large, perhaps they were afraid of coming up with a unique name again.

The devil is always in the details. We should just call them all automatic transmissions, and keep it even simpler for the Luddites.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Hybrid price quote said the hybrid was a 4x4 at the top of the page. Commentator seemed to have several prejudices before he even turned the key. But it did match his fancy new wristwatch.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Powershift was a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) not a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Hybrid price quote said the hybrid was a 4x4 at the top of the page. Commentator seemed to have several prejudices before the even turned the key. But it did match his fancy new wristwatch.
Yeah. I think he probably found about about Maverick about 10m before driving it - a lot of mistakes in video

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

"
What is the transmission called in a hybrid?

Power split hybrids exclusively use an electric variable transmission ( EVT ). This transmission"

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although at least the hybrid video gives a very brief view of the EV Coach screen in action.
Which one of the three video's shows the "the EV Coach screen in action"?

Do you know the time stamp?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which one of the three video's shows the "the EV Coach screen in action"?
Do you know the time stamp?
The first one. It's only in action for a few seconds as he accelerates to 3 mph before stopping since he's primarily showing off auto brake hold.

9m 15s
Sponsored