Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Drop Thea liner I did my truck got scheduled 2 wheeks later you can always get the liner done locally
Can you drop an item from the Lux package? I would be fine with dropping it and having it done locally.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can you drop an item from the Lux package? I would be fine with dropping it and having it done locally.
No unfortunately. I wish we could because I would also

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
I wrote Ford a letter. I ordered the lux package under the wire on 11/17. Got confirmation. Of course the pos drop in was substituted. I asked if they could reimburse me the $495 and leave the bed bare so I can get it sprayed locally or maybe in the 6 months it would take to get my truck materials would be available for the spray in. I am not compromising. Everyone must pressure Ford for this bait and switch bs. What other take aways are they doing to cheapen the builds so the can push them out sooner? Keep up the pressure. We all want what we want...not what Ford wants to give us!

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wrote Ford a letter. I ordered the lux package under the wire on 11/17. Got confirmation. Of course the pos drop in was substituted. I asked if they could reimburse me the $495 and leave the bed bare so I can get it sprayed locally or maybe in the 6 months it would take to get my truck materials would be available for the spray in. I am not compromising. Everyone must pressure Ford for this bait and switch bs. What other take aways are they doing to cheapen the builds so the can push them out sooner? Keep up the pressure. We all want what we want...not what Ford wants to give us!
After seeing the photos of the drop in liner, I wouldn't be disappointed if mine came with it. Considering it's a little cheaper than spray in, Ford should take that off the price or compensate with a fits package or something.
It's a pos. It will warp and cause rust. These went out of favor in the 1990's. DON'T COMPROMISE!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im pretty good friends personally with the sales man. Basically ford wants orders cleaned up as they are going to stop accepting order for 2022 ml very soon. So my buddy was really just trying to get me a truck sooner than later. Also it's the hybrid that I'm waiting on. Which is another issue as well. Many strikes against me
Has your dealer actually submitted the order and when? Because the deadline for hybrids was two weeks ago. As for the XLT Luxury Package spray-in that was superseded entirely, not delayed, for new orders placed at the beginning of November for the version with a drop-in.

Speculation: I'm wondering if it came right on the edge of that switch or snuck through whatever validity checking there is on WBDO so Ford is trying to reconcile it to the drop-in.

Sponsored

AndrewSKY117

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Honda Civic
Ordered 11/13
On my XLT Lux, they all of the sudden came back to me while trying to submit my order and mentioned that it will just be a drop-in so I asked about what they will do on the pricing and they knocked $645 off but sounded like they are still giving me the drop-in which is interesting.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
News to me, maybe fake news. I'll verify with my source.
Can @fordvideoguy confirm this?
Confirmed that it is fake news, no delay other than the high demand of schedule to free demand. If you have the package with SIBL could cause your order to be passed over if they already have all the orders they can produce during that production week. But no major delay as described by that dealer.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Confirmed that it is fake news, no delay other than the high demand of schedule to free demand. If you have the package with SIBL could cause your order to be passed over if they already have all the orders they can produce during that production week. But no major delay as described by that dealer.
I just wished Ford would give us the option to have the SIBL done at the dealership via a third party to expedite our orders and get credit from our already purchased package. I might otherwise make a change but don’t like having to do a change and worry about it being done correctly and losing the value of my package. I’m sure Ford may lose a few dollars and the dealerships can pick up a few dollars on the referrals but it seems like it may help Ford ease up on the constraints, smooth out production and produce more orders.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you Tim, it is such a blessing having you here on the forum!

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for confirming sir! I ordered XLT hybrid with Lux package with SIBL on
10/26 and hoping for a miracle tomorrow. Lol

Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 11/13
On my XLT Lux, they all of the sudden came back to me while trying to submit my order and mentioned that it will just be a drop-in so I asked about what they will do on the pricing and they knocked $645 off but sounded like they are still giving me the drop-in which is interesting.
U did pretty well then because the sibl is $495. Did u pay full msrp? Your dealer is treating you well!

AndrewSKY117

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Honda Civic
U did pretty well then because the sibl is $495. Did u pay full msrp? Your dealer is treating you well!
That's why I was so surprised! My build sheet was $33,670 and knocked down to $33,025 which I believe was listed at full MSRP. That's what made me wonder if I am getting any liner at all or if they're going to make a change later when it actually gets into production. The guy I spoke to seemed really nice and was even ordering a Lariat for himself.

I'm going to inquire about X-Plan being a member of the Mustang Club, but either way it looks like it wouldn't be discounted much.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I also received a text from my dealer today saying something similar. The weird thing is I already received the "Scheduled For Production" email from Ford and it had a VIN attached.

So is my dealer just misinformed or does it have some merit?

Anyway, here is the the screen cap of our texts.

Ford Maverick XLT Lux hybrid with spray in liner might be a 2023ml Screenshot_20211201-142625

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
I also received a text from my dealer today saying something similar. The weird thing is I already received the "Scheduled For Production" email from Ford and it had a VIN attached.

So is my dealer just misinformed or does it have some merit?

Anyway, here is the the screen cap of our texts.

Screenshot_20211201-142625.png
Best guess, most likely misinformed and wanting to make sure things don’t get pushed back. They probably want your vehicle in as much as you to get a sale on the books and create local interest/more orders. It helps fence sitters to see an example, even if they can’t drive it. Ford video guy is a wealth of good information you can trust.

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@fordvideoguy

Tim,

Are you advising your customers that if they switch to the XLT Lux Package that has the drop in bed liner, their truck will be built sooner?
Sponsored

Last edited: