Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wipers, when they are just a couple inches away from the full down position in the cycle, make a jerking motion and thumping sound. See video and watch the left wiper just before it finishes its down cycle.

In a light rain the cycle is very smooth (normal). But with heavier rain I get the hesitation and sound. Not seen in the video, but there is a similar action when the left wiper reaches the far left of the cycle.

Note - this is happening with the wipers in the normal standard speed. If I switch to the max (high) speed the issue is not apparent.

Anyone else with this or similar issue? Or is your entire cycle smooth, as it should be?
Sponsored

Attachments

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Why are you asking us? Take it to the service department.

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are you asking us? Take it to the service department.
Oh gosh, WHY didn't I think of that??? How long did it take you to come up with your worthless reply?

1. Uhh, maybe because if it's considered "normal" or common behavior on the Maverick then what would taking it to Service accomplish?

2. Maybe someone else had the same problem and there was an easy solution.

3. Or maybe someone else has already taken theirs in for the same issue and found that parts are on an extended backorder.

For some of us, taking it to service would be a secondary option to consider, especially if a visit can be avoided - time off of work, 25-mile round trip x 1 or two visits etc.

ffoc01

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hyb FE, 2014 Flex
IDK, doesn't look right, but it's hard to tell from just a video. I see what you're talking about. It'd def be worth having looked at, but I'd say it could probably wait until your first service, unless it gets worse or seems to threaten normal wiper function.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t view the vid for some reason, perhaps thoroughly clean that area of the windshield and the wiper blades, perhaps there’s something on it causing the drag. Good luck....

Sponsored

mswillis5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you spray your windshield to clean it, does this happen as well? If it does, then I would definitely take it in to service as my wipers do not have this same behavior.

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turn off the truck and unplug it. Wait sixty seconds. Plug it back in and turn it on. Does the issue persist?

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh gosh, WHY didn't I think of that??? How long did it take you to come up with your worthless reply?

1. Uhh, maybe because if it's considered "normal" or common behavior on the Maverick then what would taking it to Service accomplish?

2. Maybe someone else had the same problem and there was an easy solution.

3. Or maybe someone else has already taken theirs in for the same issue and found that parts are on an extended backorder.

For some of us, taking it to service would be a secondary option to consider, especially if a visit can be avoided - time off of work, 25-mile round trip x 1 or two visits etc.
Sadly, we have our share of resident A-holes on this forum who feel it's their duty to be jerks when other members ask legitimate questions.

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you spray your windshield to clean it, does this happen as well? If it does, then I would definitely take it in to service as my wipers do not have this same behavior.
Supposed to get more rain this week, will try this again.

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
this is normal.
When close to the wiper park position the gear mechanism ratio changes quick for it to get more movement. Nothing to worry about

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
this is normal.
When close to the wiper park position the gear mechanism ratio changes quick for it to get more movement. Nothing to worry about
But it's the clunk sound it makes which is very annoying, my other vehicles have been "smooth" and silent during this transition.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
this is normal.
Doesn't look normal to me. I've never had wipers act like that. Clean windshield to the best of your ability then try again. Otherwise back to the Stealership.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't recall my wipers hesitating or making a noise like that. I agree with the other suggestions to see if there's something on your window that's adding friction, and then taking it to the dealership if it doesn't go away. I'd probably NOT wait until your next service though (unless it's not far off), since having wipers fail in big storm would suck.