Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like there's a new update for the infotainment system for Sync Lite/2.5.

Downloading as I type this.

New version: G2.1.0.1_R22362A (446MB)​
Previous version: G2.0.0.1_R22285A​
No clue what's been updated, hopefully it fixes the audio popping issues (happens sporadically).

Your luck may vary on getting the update. Will take a few tries at scanning for updates with a decent internet connection and more importantly WiFi signal (that the vehicle is getting). Last time I had to use my mobile hotspot, this time was via WiFi.

Ford Maverick (XL & XLT) Update for Infotainment System 01/07/23 16731402734392719691528469927176

Ford Maverick (XL & XLT) Update for Infotainment System 01/07/23 Screenshot 2023-01-07 220358 - Copy
Sponsored

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interesting. I have only had my truck since 12/19, but I have had ZERO issues with the system. Car Play has worked flawlessly. It's been a really nice upgrade over my 2006 SUV actually. :D

FrankM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just did a check for updates and nothing yet.....

OP
OP

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
just did a check for updates and nothing yet.....
Try the check for updates at least 2/3 times.

Do a soft reset if it doesn't work.

Soft reset again, connect to another network. Repeat till update found.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How long did it take for this update to install? Thanks!

Sponsored

Jimpac

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took me around 15 minutes. Used my phone hotspot to connect.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm sure the system will install it eventually, but not sure why there's really any urgency since I have had no issues.

Would be interesting if there is anyone on the forum with inside info from Ford about what exactly this latest update was created to do in terms of bug fixing or enhanced functionality...

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure the system will install it eventually, but not sure why there's really any urgency since I have had no issues.

Would be interesting if there is anyone on the forum with inside info from Ford about what exactly this latest update was created to do in terms of bug fixing or enhanced functionality...
Maybe android auto/CarPlay stabilization enhancements

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe android auto/CarPlay stabilization enhancements
Perhaps. I was able to download the update and install this afternoon with no issues. Haven't really used the system since but I'll update here if I notice any significant changes.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I did it yesterday afternoon, about 20 minutes from start to finish using my home wifi.

@pa-outdoorsman My guess is that it's probably just bug fixes. I haven't noticed anything different so far. One thing that has happened a few times is the ambient light sporadically not turning on. Like the truck turned it off by itself. So maybe that will stop happening now, LOL!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Audio popping seems to have been resolved from G2.0.0.1, we'll see if that holds up, was intermittent.

Previous version had a bad habit of Bluetooth connecting when just opening the door on the Maverick (no key in ignition). Which can be a feature or bad.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t know how everyone else’s experience has been, but in my case the new 2.1 update has been a massive improvement in both responsiveness and resolving a few bugs that I had experienced with the older software versions. So far the audio popping and then turning off and coming back has gone away, my rear camera now seems more responsive and less laggy than it was, the system boot process seems to have been reduced in the amount of time it takes to boot up (would have to wait to turn on the radio as the the on screen button was unresponsive until the system was up for about 30 seconds or so where now it is responsive pretty much immediately), Apple CarPlay now comes up pretty much everytime now and within about 10 seconds where before it would sometimes not come up at all when plugging in my iPhone. Not sure how connected the system is with everything else in the truck, but it seems like all the buttons for turning auto start/stop off and on and the rest of those buttons are more responsive now since the update. Overall this update, at least in my case, seems to be a much improved experience and a big step in the right direction, still slightly laggy in a couple places (on screen display when changing ac temperature or the sound volume), but definitely have more positives than negatives with this update.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t know how everyone else’s experience has been, but in my case the new 2.1 update has been a massive improvement in both responsiveness and resolving a few bugs that I had experienced with the older software versions. So far the audio popping and then turning off and coming back has gone away, my rear camera now seems more responsive and less laggy than it was, the system boot process seems to have been reduced in the amount of time it takes to boot up (would have to wait to turn on the radio as the the on screen button was unresponsive until the system was up for about 30 seconds or so where now it is responsive pretty much immediately), Apple CarPlay now comes up pretty much everytime now and within about 10 seconds where before it would sometimes not come up at all when plugging in my iPhone. Not sure how connected the system is with everything else in the truck, but it seems like all the buttons for turning auto start/stop off and on and the rest of those buttons are more responsive now since the update. Overall this update, at least in my case, seems to be a much improved experience and a big step in the right direction, still slightly laggy in a couple places (on screen display when changing ac temperature or the sound volume), but definitely have more positives than negatives with this update.
I tend to agree! Subtle, but noticeable improvements. I definitely agree that there seems to be less touch delay now.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Commented this on the other thread about over the air updates. Anyone else notice what I am noticing?

I have an XL. The one thing I have seen since the update is I now get the annoying "this truck is sharing some info with Ford, you can manage what is shared in the settings" message. I have to "OK" it on the Infotainment screen each time I start the truck.....did not have that "warning" before the update. Seems like we are going backwards here folks.

If I recall, I have seen people complain about the need to acknowledge this type of message in the past, and the only solution they found was to stop using the FordPass App. Thoughts?

OP
OP

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Commented this on the other thread about over the air updates. Anyone else notice what I am noticing?

I have an XL. The one thing I have seen since the update is I now get the annoying "this truck is sharing some info with Ford, you can manage what is shared in the settings" message. I have to "OK" it on the Infotainment screen each time I start the truck.....did not have that "warning" before the update. Seems like we are going backwards here folks.

If I recall, I have seen people complain about the need to acknowledge this type of message in the past, and the only solution they found was to stop using the FordPass App. Thoughts?
I have not seen that message since I got my vehicle. Updates have not changed that at least from my experience.

If it keeps popping up, you could try doing a hard reset.

In regards to the FordPass App, up here in Canada it could also be different. I don't even think FordPass has the same connectivity with the infotainment since they removed Journey's last year. Not configured as a Mobile App on the unit anymore since the removal (on my end).
Sponsored