First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've upgraded exterior lighting (headlights/DRL, markers, turn, brake, backup...) now on 4 vehicles to mostly LED with mixed success:

05 Camry: Works well with proper flasher installed.
87 Ranger: Works well with proper flasher installed.
14 Sante Fe: No access to a flasher module so flash rate is faster than I would like and I therefore did not update all bulbs.
00 C5 Vette: Radio noise with brake lights on, hazards hyperflash. Likely the limited grounding is a factor in this car.

One thing I really like about the LEDs is the super bright backup lighting in most cases.

So with all that said is there a good path to some upgrades on an XL, at least markers and backup lights?? What about a decent small LED light bar that would look somewhat OEM??
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I called Diode Dynamics the other day. https://www.diodedynamics.com
He told me they will have to see the vehicle before they'll know what can be changed out. They know of the Maverick but nothing about it yet. I told him there are a bunch of bulbs identified in the Owners Manual. He said they haven't seen it yet. I emailed him a copy of the Manual and they are going to review and let me know what they will have that can be swapped.

I also learned during our conversation that the LED lights that come standard on Fords have to be returned to Ford to replace. There are no aftermarket LEDs available for them on any Ford. I also learned Lexus is the same way. There are 2 bulbs on the Lexus that can be swapped out. None of the LEDs can be swapped for brighter LEDs. Bummer

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've upgraded exterior lighting (headlights/DRL, markers, turn, brake, backup...) now on 4 vehicles to mostly LED with mixed success:

05 Camry: Works well with proper flasher installed.
87 Ranger: Works well with proper flasher installed.
14 Sante Fe: No access to a flasher module so flash rate is faster than I would like and I therefore did not update all bulbs.
00 C5 Vette: Radio noise with brake lights on, hazards hyperflash. Likely the limited grounding is a factor in this car.

One thing I really like about the LEDs is the super bright backup lighting in most cases.

So with all that said is there a good path to some upgrades on an XL, at least markers and backup lights?? What about a decent small LED light bar that would look somewhat OEM??
The rapid flashing with your LED's is due to the fact that unlike regular bulbs, LED's have almost no resistance in the circuit so there is almost no interference in the electrical flow. If you want the LED's to flash at a normal pattern, you need to install resister modules for each circuit. Readily available on Amazon and easy to install.
Sponsored