jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m glad my smaller dealer was selected so that my truck is scheduled.
Sponsored

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
They are almost certainly prioritizing by:

1. Date of order
  2. Availability of components
  3. Ability to deliver (Probably one of the reasons why many Hybrid orders were deprioritized)
  4. Delivery batches (Why allocation is by dealer, not purely by date of order)
  5. Efficiency of deliveries (Why send a half full truck somewhere this week when it can go fully loaded next week)
And probably a dozen other things that most people at Ford HQ aren't aware of, but their software is.

Given that, it seems dumb to throw a fit when the big dealerships don't get big allocations every week. Its complicated and only Ford's ERP software has the full picture.
It's basically confirmed that they aren't prioritizing order date due to the fact that Spray in is restricted to 3% shipped while allocation of XLT Lux and Lariat Lux eat 20 and 18%.

They aren't going to let luxury parts sit in the facility.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think many people understand how much decision making has already been offloaded onto machines. Our meat just can't keep up silicon sometimes.
Or how that delicious deep fried chicken breast wound up on our plates.

A lot of interdependent chains of logistical headaches happen. I work in software close to ERP, production scheduling systems, etc. There is a big, relavent counterpoint to your list: machines can also be told to communicate with us. Mass mail, mass txt, robo calls, etc. FoMoCo doesn't get their computers to update us. I would have liked a Robo txt today that said:

"Hybrids are 40% constrained this week. We will update your order on Thursday EITHERWAY. Thank you for being a loyal Ford customer."

Unless you raise and butcher your own chickens, there's no transparency anymore.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's basically stated that they aren't prioritizing order date due to the fact that Spray in is restricted to 3% shipped while allocation of XLT Lux and Lariat Lux eat 20 and 18%.

They aren't going to let luxury parts sit in the facility.
My point was that prioritization is occurring based on several factors, many of which are likely obscured from us.

They are absolutely prioritizing by order date. Just not only by order date.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a big, relavent counterpoint to your list: machines can also be told to communicate with us. Mass mail, mass txt, robo calls, etc. FoMoCo doesn't get their computers to update us. I would have liked a Robo txt today that said:
I kind of feel like the people of this forum have proven that sometimes less information is better. I can't imagine what people would do if given access to weekly alerts directly from Ford's system. Panic four times as hard, probably.

Sponsored

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
They are absolutely prioritizing by order date. Just not only by order date.
They absolutely aren't prioritizing by order date.

If it takes less parts to build something or a similar part and you have an earlier order you are being skipped thus not prioritized. How many people pulled their spray ins and got confirmed build dates. They are prioritizing their earnings.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They absolutely aren't prioritizing by order date.

If it takes less parts to build something or a similar part and you have an earlier order you are being skipped thus not prioritized. How many people pulled their spray ins and got confirmed build dates. They are prioritizing their earnings.
Ok, you got me. Priority is being done entirely by bedliner option. It's the only thing that matters.

I'm sorry I've failed the my Ford Masters and revealed their secret plot to increase revenue by judging every production decision on how much spray-on rubber is in stock.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All we can do is sit back and hope the Lux Package isn’t constrained. Oh and the Hybrid gets more builds.
Watch Tim's video from today it talks about Lux Package still being constrained to 18% for the XLT and 20% for the Lariat.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, you got me. Priority is being done entirely by bedliner option. It's the only thing that matters.

I'm sorry I've failed the my Ford Masters and revealed their secret plot to increase revenue by judging every production decision on how much spray-on rubber is in stock.
You sir have been determined to not be a black belt, PhD, Rhode Scholar in supply chain/profit margins in car production. Please see yourself out! Hahahahaha

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

I'll take the flippant apology. I know it comes from a place of knowing there is information that contradicts any notion of prioritization by order date.

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watch Tim's video from today it talks about Lux Package still being constrained to 18% for the XLT and 20% for the Lariat.

Beat me to it.

Evidently some folks believe ignorance is bliss. I do not believe knowing constraints causes mass panick.

But what do I know! When COVID hit, I didn't make a run on toilet paper!! 😝 Because any informed person would have known better.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ford allocation wheel of fortune was so played out on the real Bronco, now it repeats itself. Day 1 reservation holders who didn't order from the "right' lottery dealer got the shaft- How fun, round 2 ! Customers dont get to see the behind the scenes logistical mental hop scotch -

Last edited:
Reactions: Cad
OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks.

When I first posted it was still a live stream and the time mark started with negative numbers and progressed to smaller negative numbers.

I updated the first post which is queued to start at the proper time.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Feel bad for the other 280 customers, oh well, i like Tim.
In late August when I finally decided to order my Maverick I thought about ordering from one of the Mega-dealers like Long McArthur Ford, Chapman’s or Granger Ford.

But I felt that the savings wouldn't be worth the possibility that the large amount of orders at these dealers could hold up my order until April or later 2022.

Glad I decided to stay local as I got scheduled 9/16 for an 11/15 build week.

And like you I too think Tim is great.

Last edited:

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Or how that delicious deep fried chicken breast wound up on our plates.

Unless you raise and butcher your own chickens, there's no transparency anymore.
I thought you decided to not buy a Maverick and purchased a used Colorado ?
Sponsored