Sponsored

Would you trust Ford more if they let us know more about what, when, and why?

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think if they would tell us a little more info about why they're not doing more hybrids then they are, I would feel a little more relaxed. Instead of all this speculation about why hybrids are not being built. Or there not delayed just no one has them scheduled (very few are)FORD talk to us we are your consumers. We want info not guesses
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure I would feel better.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I knew more, but depending on the news and how it was phrased, I might trust them more, I might trust them less.

"Production of our in house motor is taking longer than expected because we're having a hard time finding high quality stators." - I think this would make me trust them more.

"We're not producing more hybrids right now because we had a batch that had the eCVT disintegrate internally causing sudden engine failure." -😳😬😬😬 yeah, I wouldn't trust them as much.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Things can change on a daily basis, I think it's a liability to say too much to the public. Lets say you're working on a project over the course of a year and your boss says "hey Johnson, give me a breakdown of materials we need for each day of production over the whole year and acquire as much as we can in bulk upfront." You then contact the supplier and find out you can only buy enough for 2 months at a time. Everything's going smooth until half way through the project something happens that affects the suppliers production and they fall behind. You call them up and they say they're trying to figure out the issue and resume production as soon as possible, but we all know what that means. My point being they really can't predict how long it will take to acquire the supplies they need to build Mavericks, it could be days, weeks, months, years, who knows how long. It's just not something that can be predicted with any kind of accuracy right now.

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Things can change on a daily basis, I think it's a liability to say too much to the public. Lets say you're working on a project over the course of a year and your boss says "hey Johnson, give me a breakdown of materials we need for each day of production over the whole year and acquire as much as we can in bulk upfront." You then contact the supplier and find out you can only buy enough for 2 months at a time. Everything's going smooth until half way through the project something happens that affects the suppliers production and they fall behind. You call them up and they say they're trying to figure out the issue and resume production as soon as possible, but we all know what that means. My point being they really can't predict how long it will take to acquire the supplies they need to build Mavericks, it could be days, weeks, months, years, who knows how long. It's just not something that can be predicted with any kind of accuracy right now.
This. People don't understand manufacturing much. They can't give an estimated time range that people want. So much stuff can happen between now and the range estimate they give

OP
OP
Nunyabiznus

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They hardly say anything. So how can it be too much?

Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This. People don't understand manufacturing much. They can't give an estimated time range that people want. So much stuff can happen between now and the range estimate they give
I think this misses the point of the original post. What I think the OP was wanting wasn't a better prediction, rather, more, different, or more transparent communication.

OP
OP
Nunyabiznus

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this misses the point of the original post. What I think the OP was wanting wasn't a better prediction, rather, more, different, or more transparent communication.
Yes

OP
OP
Nunyabiznus

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have chip blablabla...... Ectv not blablabla.......

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
This wasn't just about OP's post I've seen plenty of people saying "just give me more communication give me an estimate or something" OP isn't saying this but plenty are I was just hijacking the thread more than anything

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Like I said I think it's a liability. If Ford put out a memo everyday it would create more chaos.

Sponsored

frrocketdan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think if they would tell us a little more info about why they're not doing more hybrids then they are, I would feel a little more relaxed. Instead of all this speculation about why hybrids are not being built. Or there not delayed just no one has them scheduled (very few are)FORD talk to us we are your consumers. We want info not guesses
personally I had a sensible chuckle when I saw this was posted by someone with the handle “nunyabiznus”

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Stock price is more important than a couple of unhappy people on a forum. Most customers aren't here complaining. They are just dealing with their dealer. There is very little advantage to Ford saying negative things or things that might be construed as negative. News sites might report on it and stockholders might hear. It's really not worth it for them

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's probably in a position where less, far less, is more. They are in a position where a great deal of their problems are entirely out of their control, but people keep blaming them for it anyway. Better for them to shut up and do their best at this point than continue to cause panic and inspire people to misplace blame.

OP
OP
Nunyabiznus

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lookwhere missplaceing the blame puts us. In an uncertain world. I like facts not opinions. Saying '' hybrids will go out on time'' is not enough. How many all, a few, only the ones schedule. The statement alone is to full of holes.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've lobbed this theory out before and it's just that, a theory.

I think Ford knows that to make a profit on this truck, they need a 60/40 split of Ecoboost/hybrid. That could be based on government requirements, supply chain stuff, production stuff. I'm not enough of an expert to know. But I speculate that to make this thing successful at this price point, they need to sell a 60/40 split. I don't think they care what demand is. I think they care that "the plan to turn a profit is 60/40, so that's what we're gonna do."

Only speculation.

That being said, if I'm right, then I just need to wait until the Ecoboost engines ahead of my order get sold or become stock; could be a long wait, but I'm ok with it.
Sponsored