Sponsored

Would you have preferred this Maverick design?

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Nooo front end is not my taste and WTH were the designers thinking w that yellow blinker light where it is?!?!

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not like that exactly but I think I would have liked the Bronco sport front end and a price $500 cheaper to save on tooling and design.

Sponsored

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I'm glad that Ford stayed with the design cues from the larger F series trucks. It was one of the things that drew me to the Maverick in the first place...it looks like a truck.

I think that had Ford tried to make it look too much like a stylized SUV with a small bed that it wouldn't have appealed to so many people. I don't see a ton of Santa Cruzes or Ridgelines running around. I think Ford will sell as many Mavericks as they are willing to make for the next few years.

Ford sold out and has not run any advertising and no inventory on the lots. Imagine what they could sell if they had 20-30k nicely equipped trucks available on the lots.

I have a 3/4 ton diesel that I am keeping to cover the 10% of truck stuff the Maverick won't handle. For everyday use from a running cost and ease of use the Mav just makes way more sense.

I would not have been interested if it did not look like a truck.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kind of a baby bronco with a bed......kinda digging it.

But I think Ford will eventually spin Maverick into a sub-brand, like bronco, so understandable they went with current styling to differentiate a bit.

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love it!!!!

Ford Maverick Would you have preferred this Maverick design? 73FE5038-9EE9-46F7-BDD7-E3E75F2F4A34
Sponsored