Sponsored

Would the MY2023 take out the LUX package?

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys,

I ordered my Maverick in January so I am aware that I'm going to be waiting for quite awhile lol. Especially with the constraints that I have with the LUX package and CP360. I don't have a problem waiting, but my concern is that my truck, with it converted to the MY2023, will cause the LUX package to be removed (if Ford decides to remove it). So my question is, if Ford does remove the LUX package this upcoming MY, will I then not recieve the LUX package? This is a necessity for me and it's pushing me to possibly getting something else. I really don't want to! Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nobody can answer this but Ford- and they aint tellin'. You said you don't have a problem waiting? That is exactly what you will have to do until Ford releases official details for the MY23. Calm down, you don't have to make a decision yet whether it's a "necessity" or not.

BTW: your order confirmed date is showing Jan 26 and the cutoff for MY2022 was the 27th with COVP/ROVP confirmed by Feb 5. So that means you ordered a 2022. There has been no official word from Ford of ANY order being rolled over to a 2023 yet- so again, just wait until some things are made official instead of maybe reading too much into things some posters on here may preach as the Gospel ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nobody can answer this but Ford- and they aint tellin'. You said you don't have a problem waiting? That is exactly what you will have to do until Ford releases official details for the MY23. Calm down, you don't have to make a decision yet whether it's a "necessity" or not.

BTW: your order confirmed date is showing Jan 26 and the cutoff for MY2022 was the 27th with COVP/ROVP confirmed by Feb 5. So that means you ordered a 2022. There has been no official word from Ford of ANY order being rolled over to a 2023 yet- so again, just wait until some things are made official instead of maybe reading too much into things some posters on here may preach as the Gospel ;)
I appreciate the help. Unfortunately, the lux package is a necessity. My mother and father both have arthritis in their hands. My father, after serving 5 tours, has also had a major back surgery done. Which, without heated seats, he would be in pain. I do tend to drive with my parents a lot.
I'm aware that I have to wait for details regarding MY2023, however, this is my first vehicle ordered, so I'm not too aware of how the ordering process works. I wasn't sure how a vehicle being rolled-over to the next MY works. If things get canceled or removed from the previous MY or if the price change, etc.. I am keeping faith though, definitely don't want to jump ship prematurely. I am going to wait till the end of the year irregardless, I was just concerned regarding this. Thank you so much for your help. Have a blessed day!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
have you gone and sat in a Ranger? I have all kinds of arthritis and spine issues. In/out access is a major issue for me. The Ranger is too high for me, and not easy to get in/out of. They also have a much harsher ride than Maverick. Considering your parents needs you may not like Ranger as an alternative. Maverick is MUCH easier getting in/out of and smoother ride.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
have you gone and sat in a Ranger? I have all kinds of arthritis and spine issues. In/out access is a major issue for me. The Ranger is too high for me, and not easy to get in/out of. They also have a much harsher ride than Maverick. Considering your parents needs you may not like Ranger as an alternative. Maverick is MUCH easier getting in/out of and smoother ride.
I have not sat in one. I'm merely looking around for vehicles that are in close resemblance to the Maverick. The Ranger, Santa Cruz, and Ridgeline seemed the most logical. But, I have not seriously looked at another vehicle as I really want the Maverick. It's simply to keep something in mind, just in case. My car is a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant, so I'm just trying to keep that conserved for a little while longer lol

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not sat in one. I'm merely looking around for vehicles that are in close resemblance to the Maverick. The Ranger, Santa Cruz, and Ridgeline seemed the most logical. But, I have not seriously looked at another vehicle as I really want the Maverick. It's simply to keep something in mind, just in case. My car is a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant, so I'm just trying to keep that conserved for a little while longer lol
Does your local Ford dealer have any Mavericks sitting on the sales lot or sales floor?
If so, go down with your mom and dad to see it and sit in it. Most comfortable truck I have sat in.

Also, you can always go to Mavericks For Sale in the MarketPlace here in MTC. Dealers AND private parties are listing at various prices.

I agree with Old Ranchero, no need to worry.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does your local Ford dealer have any Mavericks sitting on the sales lot or sales floor?
If so, go down with your mom and dad to see it and sit in it. Most comfortable truck I have sat in.

Also, you can always go to Mavericks For Sale in the MarketPlace here in MTC. Dealers AND private parties are listing at various prices.

I agree with Old Ranchero, no need to worry.
I've managed to drive an XLT a few months back and it was awesome! I'm only 5"3 and have driven F150s before, but it's uncomfortable because of my height. The Mav felt just right! The Ranger, I have not tried yet, but I've heard mixed comments about it. I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for the advice!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys,

I ordered my Maverick in January so I am aware that I'm going to be waiting for quite awhile lol. Especially with the constraints that I have with the LUX package and CP360. I don't have a problem waiting, but my concern is that my truck, with it converted to the MY2023, will cause the LUX package to be removed (if Ford decides to remove it). So my question is, if Ford does remove the LUX package this upcoming MY, will I then not recieve the LUX package? This is a necessity for me and it's pushing me to possibly getting something else. I really don't want to! Thanks for your help!
I don’t see that happening. I could see Ford removing a feature from the package. Specifically, I would expect the SIBL to be removed from both the XLT and Lariat Lux packages.

OP
OP
BoricuaBeautyx

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t see that happening. I could see Ford removing a feature from the package. Specifically, I would expect the SIBL to be removed from both the XLT and Lariat Lux packages.
Awesome! That definitely gives me some comfort. I can always add SIBL later, much like the Tonneau hardcover that I'm planning on purchasing for the Mav. Thank you for your help!

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see the Lux Pkg staying but having a few modifications to it e.g. removing the Spray in bed liner. The heated stuff hopefully are still there as it would be asked for us people in the North. You will have be patient and hope for the best. The height of the door maybe easier for them to get in and out of vs. the Ranger. I liked the height getting in and out I have a bad back and it was pretty comfortable too.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why not another mid size four door sedan since they are plentiful and easier to get a deal on now, and then get a maverick in the third or fourth model year when they will have incentives?

I mean unless you need the bed or towing but you have a sedan now.

I’ve noticed a lot of sedan owners realize the practicality and value the maverick provides, namely Civic owners. Hopefully the value proposition doesn’t change.

Nandn205

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350
You can always have a local upholstery shop add aftermarket seat heaters. That's what I plan on doing. I dropped the lux and copilot 360 so I could get mine sooner.
Sponsored