First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Engine
Undecided
Anyone have an idea on when the next ordering window may open? Is it worth the wait for the order window plus time it takes to build?
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have an idea on when the next ordering window may open? Is it worth the wait for the order window plus time it takes to build?
Follow @fordvideoguy who posts videos weekly on YouTube. Its just a guess now, but Tim will pretty much be the first to know.
I just got mine on Wednesday after a painful 491 day wait, but it is worth it to me. No waiting pain any more, just the joy of driving it.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have an idea on when the next ordering window may open?
Honestly, no one knows. Not even Ford. Ford might have a plan, but most likely it is fluid and subject to change. Best guess, based on history and rumors would be early fall. With an average 6 month wait after ordering.

Is it worth the wait for the order window plus time it takes to build?
Worth it as a vehicle or worth it to wait over just buying one off the lot? If you want one now that is doable. Just be prepared to be flexible on options and color and to pay way over MSRP.

I'd say from all the posts here and on other places that owners are overwhelmingly happy with the truck. Even assuming complaints are posted far more than good experiences, there still is an overwhelming number of owners that feel it is worth the wait.

But it also depends on what you are coming from. Many people stating this is their first new vehicle, or first in a long time. So, if you are buying this coming from say a 2004 Ranger, yep, it's a huge upgrade. But if you are trading in that BMW or Mercedes, maybe not so much. It's a relatively inexpensive truck.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
with the third shift being added the whole process will change, anybody's guess at this point.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For hybrids if the window opens for 24s in September and you order you still have 50% or less chance of getting your truck. I can't see the demand/supply changing much for next year.

Do you feel lucky?

Sponsored

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Follow @fordvideoguy who posts videos weekly on YouTube. Its just a guess now, but Tim will pretty much be the first to know.
I just got mine on Wednesday after a painful 491 day wait, but it is worth it to me. No waiting pain any more, just the joy of driving it.
Congrats on your recent delivery. I got mine two weeks ago after a 499 day roller coaster ride. Let me tell you, you are going to enjoy the heck out of it. It drives and rides great.
As long as you really did'n't need a vehicle right away , which I didn't, it was worth the wait. But I don't know if I could do it again.
Happy Mavericking and enjoy it.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on your recent delivery. I got mine two weeks ago after a 499 day roller coaster ride. Let me tell you, you are going to enjoy the heck out of it. It drives and rides great.
As long as you really did'n't need a vehicle right away , which I didn't, it was worth the wait. But I don't know if I could do it again.
Happy Mavericking and enjoy it.
I have too many cars. The Maverick is to replace a 2003 15mpg Chevy QuadCab S-10 AND a 2017 40mpg C-Max Hybrid....so I get the best parts of each of those vehicles rolled into one and save a garage space.

I WANTED it right away, but after about 6 months, I realized it wasn't going to happen. Luckily, I held off selling the C-Max and went ahead and set it up for towing over last summer. Glad I did. Now I don't have to rush getting the towing baseplates on the Maverick. Over this 491 day wait, the C-Max only dropped about $1000 in offer from Carvana. I was able to get a decent trade in offer on the old S-10, so it is gone already.

Happy Mavericking to you as well. I am VERY happy with mine after just a few days.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was one of the lucky ones who ordered a Hybrid on 9/16/22 and it is set for delivery from 3/16 - 3/31. I got impatient, afraid it would not get built, so I paid above MSRP and bought a 22 EB. Fortunately, after 5 months, I sold it this week for $3K over MSRP, so I came out great.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait as long as you have to….spend as much as necessary,…suffer the agony of Ford‘s ordering clusterf@ck, but get one of these trucks! They are awesome!

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess it depends on whether you need a vehicle right away.

My personal philosophy is that I will place an order during every order window for the rest of my life or until the supply chain reverts to capitalism.

I can't predict the future. I may need a new vehicle in 2024. I may be in an accident. A very large tree may fall on my new Maverick. There are lots of asteroids and meteorites, any one of them might land on my current vehicle.

In the late 1970s, I had a friend, Henry. He was born in Poland and as a young adult had escaped with his wife from behind the communist curtain. He said it was common for farmers to have to order a new tractor five years in advance. I asked him how did the farmer know that he would need a new tractor in five years, and he replied that it was better to get one that you didn't need than to need one you couldn't get.

Henry told me this story about his father, Lester. Lester went to the tractor store and ordered his new tractor. The salesman said, fine it will be delivered on March 11 five years from now. Lester asked the salesman whether the tractor would be delivered in the morning or the afternoon. "Why do you want to know?" asked the salesman. "Because the plumber is coming in the afternoon" replied Lester.

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want a hybrid you are either waiting for the order window to open or paying a lot of markup. And as others have commented you might not get one even if you order it.

If you want an Eco-boost (non-Tremor) you can probably hold on until the summer and then have a decent shot at finding one on a dealer lot at little to no markup. Tremor might be a special case- haven't really followed the demand for those and whether there will be enough of them to void any markup. In any event I wouldn't pay markup on an Eco-boost since you will be able to order once the window does open and get delivery in the 2024 model year.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically your choice is to buy now off the dealer lot, assuming you can find what you want at a reasonable price, which will be luck more than anything, or you wait until the fall to order a 2024, and wait several months after that for delivery. So buy now at a likely markup, or wait a year.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wish I knew if the MY2024 was going to offer anything complelling over the MY2022/MY2023s... like a split rear seat on XLT/Lariat, fog/driving lights, different interior color scheme, etc.. Obviously it will remain largely unchanged as MY2025 will probably be the midcycle refresh (colors, packages, lights/grill/bumper changes) and MY2028 will be a new gen (still based on same platform, but no reason not to expect major changes to the sheet metal, dashboard, drivetrains).
Sponsored