First Name
Mspi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every time I removed something they try to increase or sneak an increase in price at my Dealership and not really happy about it. This is Mac Haik ford in texas.

The 1st time around March 2022 i had them remove an item i noticed my Maverick original price was showing $25490, then when they showed me a corrected copy i notice the original price of Maverick gone up to $25860.00 there should not be an increase if i placed an order originally on July 7 2021. they said its cause of inflation.. Well i call it BullSh*t I didnt place this order for no reason and still waiting for my Maverick to have a build date. I swear can Ford Dealers stop trying to rip their customers off, everyone is hurting with this inflation.

So the 2nd time I removed another item. Well this time they then increase the CO Pilot 360.. you can see attached they increase from the original order to the updated order, I just feel they trying to be sneaky!!! I am starting to lose trustworthy in dealerships.. I just wanted folks to be aware. I do want my Maverick and the Dealership Sales guy said they wont increase my cost and that i should get it the price they ordered. But time will tell.

Ford Maverick Wondering Why Dealership trying to increase prices everytime you make a change Mav2022 Copilot 360.PNG

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every time I removed something they try to increase or sneak an increase in price at my Dealership and not really happy about it. This is Mac Haik ford in texas.

The 1st time around March 2022 i had them remove an item i noticed my Maverick original price was showing $25490, then when they showed me a corrected copy i notice the original price of Maverick gone up to $25860.00 there should not be an increase if i placed an order originally on July 7 2021. they said its cause of inflation.. Well i call it BullSh*t I didnt place this order for no reason and still waiting for my Maverick to have a build date. I swear can Ford Dealers stop trying to rip their customers off, everyone is hurting with this inflation.

So the 2nd time I removed another item. Well this time they then increase the CO Pilot 360.. you can see attached they increase from the original order to the updated order, I just feel they trying to be sneaky!!! I am starting to lose trustworthy in dealerships.. I just wanted folks to be aware. I do want my Maverick and the Dealership Sales guy said they wont increase my cost and that i should get it the price they ordered. But time will tell.

Mav2022 Copilot 360.PNG
Hold on. That is directly from Ford. That is what the Ford ordering system (WBDO) prints out. It always shows the most up-to-date pricing. It is nothing that the dealer is doing. Nothing that they can do to change this print out. (I work for a Ford dealer...I ordered my own Maverick in WBDO. When I made changes a few months later, the pricing on this printout went up just like everyone else's.)

It is not the dealership being sneaky in this case. The salesman should explained it better.

These are minor changes you are making. If the dealership entered the order properly, you should be price protected to the original order. Making changes does complicate things, and you may have to fight with the dealership to get it, but the base price of the vehicle should be price protected.

So it is Ford making the changes you are seeing. Your dealership should be selling it to you at the agreed upon original price. If they input things correctly, they will be reimbursed for some/most of the increase in invoice price.

OP
OP
Mspi

Mspi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mspi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on. That is directly from Ford. That is what the Ford ordering system (WBDO) prints out. It always shows the most up-to-date pricing. It is nothing that the dealer is doing. Nothing that they can do to change this print out. (I work for a Ford dealer...I ordered my own Maverick in WBDO. When I made changes a few months later, the pricing on this printout went up just like everyone else's.)

It is not the dealership being sneaky in this case. The salesman should explained it better.

These are minor changes you are making. If the dealership entered the order properly, you should be price protected to the original order. Making changes does complicate things, and you may have to fight with the dealership to get it, but the base price of the vehicle should be price protected.

So it is Ford making the changes you are seeing. Your dealership should be selling it to you at the agreed upon original price. If they input things correctly, they will be reimbursed for some/most of the increase in invoice price.
Thanks I did get to view couple sticker prices from VIN # and your right it's ford not the dealer.... so would like to apologize. Can the administrator deleted this post ?

Thanks

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks I did get to view couple sticker prices from VIN # and your right it's ford not the dealer.... so would like to apologize. Can the administrator deleted this post ?

Thanks
I can't blame you for thinking that though with all the craziness that a number of dealers have been doing!

If they don't delete, at least others can learn from it!

Walknasty55

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
When I asked if I had price protection on my order, my dealer told me I did *as long as my order remained the same*. If I were to go in and change the order, then a new price point would have to be reached on it, as it's not the same vehicle.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you order a brown Maverick?

EDIT: Ahh, I see that is the interior. I will leave this comment for others who did not know that was the name of the interior.

trippytbta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
Undecided
SO did the dealer honor the original MSRP of the base truck?
Sponsored