First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2nd time since owning vehicle I have tried remote start through the app. Won’t work. I can see oil life and tire pressure. App just spins and after a few minutes app says vehicle failed to start. Any ideas?
Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually hate that feature. Anything that can be accessed online can be hacked. Don't let anyone tell you how "secure" that app is. If someone really wanted to get into your car using that system, they will. And I really don't see the purpose of it if you're in Florida. If you lived up north and it's freezing out, then sure, I guess maybe you want to get it warmed up while you're getting dressed or something, but in Florida? I guess during the summer time you can get the A/C running, but anyway...

I would contact your dealer to ask them to look at it, perhaps there's some software glitch they can get rid of by reloading the software onto your truck.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2nd time since owning vehicle I have tried remote start through the app. Won’t work. I can see oil life and tire pressure. App just spins and after a few minutes app says vehicle failed to start. Any ideas?
I was able to lock, unlock and start my maverick with App yesterday.

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to lock, unlock and start my maverick with App yesterday.
Try deleating app and then reinstall if that don’t work there is a help button on app to let them know it’s not working you can call and they will let you know what to do
If you have iPhone sometimes hard restarting phone re sets the program
Also make sure your cars modem is on the same Wi-Fi and passwords are set in car
My wife’s iPhone had trouble with her escape finally ended up replacing iPhone because apple or ford pass could not figure it out

Last edited:
OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. WiFi is on and connected. Will try the help first and then reinstall app when I use truck again if needed. Sits till Thursday. Yes it’s Florida and today was hot! Wanted to cool it down before we headed to Easter dinner.

Sponsored

Don cleveland

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Try deleating app and then reinstall if that don’t work there is a help button on app to let them know it’s not working you can call and they will let you know what to do
If you have iPhone sometimes hard restarting phone re sets the program
Also make sure your cars modem is on the same Wi-Fi and passwords are set in car
My wife’s iPhone had trouble with her escape finally ended up replacing iPhone because apple or ford pass could not figure it out
[/QUOT]
my firstd American vehicle since 2000 both my Toyota Tacomas never seen the deal once in their lifetimes I fell for the cool look of the Maverick stupid move soon as I get this squared away I'm going to put it up for sale and take the $6,000 profit, carvanner offered and wait for the 2024 small down sized tacoma .

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has been working. Did nothing.

Mailman13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It has been working. Did nothing.
My one month old Lariat remote start was working until about one week ago, then it just stopped?
I tried removing the truck, uninstalling app, then reinstall app and add truck. Still when it got to the Activation part, it came up with an error.

I called Ford Pass and they couldn't figure it out?
I even pulled the fuse to the telematics and still no activation.
I'm going to take it to Ford to deal with it. I have a rear windshield power window that isn't smooth when opening, so they can do both repairs at once. Also I work next to the Ford dealership.

I think that it's the modem, but the Ford pass Rep said that she could "see" it. It has no ESN when I check it on the truck Ford Pass app. I did not pull the negative battery like some suggested, because I figured that might cause more problems.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s it. I had pulled battery because drivers keyless entry quit. So it reset

Sponsored
OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must have. Remote start has been working

Mailman13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must have. Remote start has been working
So now your keyless entry works again and in the app you can start, lock and unlock.
Maybe I need to pull the cable.
Did the radio lock up after cable pull and you had to put a code in?

I do still have the loud power window on the back windshield though, so maybe I’ll let them do it all.
Weird how it just stopped working one day. Maybe I do have a bad modem.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Radio was fine. Loud rear window motor is because of thin metal motor is mounted to and it’s very exposed. Add sound deadening to surfaces.

Mailman13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Radio was fine. Loud rear window motor is because of thin metal motor is mounted to and it’s very exposed. Add sound deadening to surfaces.
Thanks. It’s more like glue/tape/dirt in the track, as it’s not sliding that well.
It could be the motor noise too though like you said. Maybe a combination?

The rear window on the cyber orange XLT that I test drove was smooth and quiet.

We’ll see what Ford says today.

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Didn't have an issue with the rear slider, but silicone spray on the rubber tracks made things even better.
Re the remote access: I've received alerts on FordPass App that remote features are disabled to preserve battery but all that is necessary is to start the vehicle and things are back to normal…until the next time.
Sponsored