Wish I had asked the dealer to sign the purchase agreement

matmclean45

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Ordered an XLT ECO maverick yesterday from a ford dealership in NH. They stated they wouldn't add an ADM to my order but that doesn't mean anything to me. In my haste I didn't ask them to sign the agreement. I have an email in to them asking them to sign it to see what they say. Worst case I will cancel the order or walk away when it comes if they try anything as this is a want not a need. Been reading to many stories about ADM, and would like to try and insulate myself from that asap.

Ford Maverick Wish I had asked the dealer to sign the purchase agreement 41B7BECB-D850-47F0-A180-A97C680EE945
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad that our World has come to this...but it is reality when it comes to money. Used to live in a small hick town and a handshake/or your word was as good as any contract....not anymore.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad that our World has come to this...but it is reality when it comes to money. Used to live in a small hick town and a handshake/or your word was as good as any contract....not anymore.
Seriously, can't even trust a written contract anymore.

OP
OP

matmclean45

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Yes, in a way it doesn't make me to mad because the game is the game. Always has been and always will be. But I think orders should be off limits. They can and should mark up vehicles on the lot to whatever someone is willing to pay. So we will see, I have no reason to think they will or wont try and bend me over.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't disagree that it is a sad state of affairs.

I just wanted to add that it is nothing really new. I remember hearing adults (particularly the older ones) make the same sort of comments when I was a child -- in the 1950s.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered an XLT ECO maverick yesterday from a ford dealership in NH. They stated they wouldn't add an ADM to my order but that doesn't mean anything to me. In my haste I didn't ask them to sign the agreement. I have an email in to them asking them to sign it to see what they say. Worst case I will cancel the order or walk away when it comes if they try anything as this is a want not a need. Been reading to many stories about ADM, and would like to try and insulate myself from that asap.

41B7BECB-D850-47F0-A180-A97C680EE945.jpeg
I ordered an XLT Hybrid back in June from Salem Ford in NH. Is this the dealer you worked with? I’ve heard nothing from them about markups and hope not to either when it’s time to finish the deal.
Sponsored