Sponsored

Wireless Carplay adapter that is reliable?

SeanBonham

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Threads
6
Messages
103
Reaction score
141
Location
40214
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've now had 2 wireless carplay adapters, both from amazon, both worked maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time they would freeze, not connect, or just not ever get recognized by the truck. Pretty annoying to unplug and replug the adapters all the time.

Looking for a reliable solution. Any solid versions out there?

I've had these two:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR3JBNQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QJXQRPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

 

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Nov 10, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
270
Reaction score
111
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
im looking for the same thing
 

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Threads
33
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
2,553
Location
Alabama
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
1,713
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think a fully reliable adapter exists. The one I am using ( and I have tried two ) is working good most of the time. It plugs directly in to usb port without a wire which is much easier to deal with if you run in to an issue. Easy to grab and just pull it out and reinsert. Easy to do even on the go.

Wireless CarPlay Adapter for 2023... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6Q221RC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
 

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Sep 19, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
893
Reaction score
1,175
Location
Union County, NJ
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I've now had 2 wireless carplay adapters, both from amazon, both worked maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time they would freeze, not connect, or just not ever get recognized by the truck. Pretty annoying to unplug and replug the adapters all the time.

Looking for a reliable solution. Any solid versions out there?

I've had these two:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR3JBNQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QJXQRPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That exactly my experience. Hard wired is bether, but still not great. XLT radios just plain SUCK.
 

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Will
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
1,098
Location
S.Carolina
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quit buying cheap junk ones!!!!

The Motorola branded one is highly rated, and I have this one
https://www.aawireless.io/

Every now and again it doesn't sync so I have to unplug it and plug it back in. (easy enough, I have it command-stripped right under the stack and a short USB cable)
-the only thing I REALLY don't like about it is once you set the primary phone, I haven't figured out how to switch to another phone if the primary phone is in the car.

ALSO the one I linked requires an app install. The phone connects via BT then the app detects that and makes the Wi-Fi connection. I read the Motorola one doesn't require an app?
 

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Jul 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
733
Reaction score
1,043
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think a fully reliable adapter exists. The one I am using ( and I have tried two ) is working good most of the time. It plugs directly in to usb port without a wire which is much easier to deal with if you run in to an issue. Easy to grab and just pull it out and reinsert. Easy to do even on the go.

Wireless CarPlay Adapter for 2023... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6Q221RC?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I purchased the same one and agree with you, it works most of the time and since it directly plugs in since it's basically just a USB stick it's easy to "reboot" if necessary. Seems to be pretty quick in booting up as well.
 

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
1,713
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quit buying cheap junk ones!!!!

The Motorola branded one is highly rated, and I have this one
https://www.aawireless.io/

Every now and again it doesn't sync so I have to unplug it and plug it back in. (easy enough, I have it command-stripped right under the stack and a short USB cable)
-the only thing I REALLY don't like about it is once you set the primary phone, I haven't figured out how to switch to another phone if the primary phone is in the car.

ALSO the one I linked requires an app install. The phone connects via BT then the app detects that and makes the Wi-Fi connection. I read the Motorola one doesn't require an app?
He is looking for a CarPlay adapter not Android.
 
Sponsored

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Vince
Joined
Oct 26, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
463
Reaction score
207
Location
Apopka Florida
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've now had 2 wireless carplay adapters, both from amazon, both worked maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time they would freeze, not connect, or just not ever get recognized by the truck. Pretty annoying to unplug and replug the adapters all the time.

Looking for a reliable solution. Any solid versions out there?

I've had these two:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR3JBNQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QJXQRPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not a problem since I installed it

Ford Maverick Wireless Carplay adapter that is reliable? 0A1E8C3A-82CF-4475-A838-DD33983F8A01
 

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Vince
Joined
Oct 26, 2022
Threads
14
Messages
463
Reaction score
207
Location
Apopka Florida
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quit buying cheap junk ones!!!!

The Motorola branded one is highly rated, and I have this one
https://www.aawireless.io/

Every now and again it doesn't sync so I have to unplug it and plug it back in. (easy enough, I have it command-stripped right under the stack and a short USB cable)
-the only thing I REALLY don't like about it is once you set the primary phone, I haven't figured out how to switch to another phone if the primary phone is in the car.

ALSO the one I linked requires an app install. The phone connects via BT then the app detects that and makes the Wi-Fi connection. I read the Motorola one doesn't require an app?
Turn off your Bluetooth for primary
 

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
1,713
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the proper way to pair these adapters? Should your phone even be paired to the car when using one of these? I see instructions that say to shut off Bluetooth on your phone when connecting these adapters to your car but the adapter has to pair with your phone, right?

Mine is working good but has occasional issues. I’ve wondered if I and others are not setting these up quite right. The instructions are not very plain.
 

MoveOver

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jan
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
56
Reaction score
40
Location
Rockville
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've now had 2 wireless carplay adapters, both from amazon, both worked maybe 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time they would freeze, not connect, or just not ever get recognized by the truck. Pretty annoying to unplug and replug the adapters all the time.

Looking for a reliable solution. Any solid versions out there?

I've had these two:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BR3JBNQB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QJXQRPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Got this OttoCast from Amazon and have had no issue. Got it for about $62 during the October Prime day. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q65SX47/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Also bought a 90 degree USB C adapter. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TZY4MSR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1 as to mount it out of sight.
 

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Rick
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Threads
23
Messages
1,311
Reaction score
1,713
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
 




Top