First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As many of us wait for our builds we have a chance to invest and save. Feel free to share any insight on the market and the best investments for the holidays.

My positions
High risk - Doge, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, Shibu
Medium to low risk - F, ARKK, QQQJ, TGT, PYPL
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does Carmax valuing buyout on my Fusion ± $800 each week count? :LOL:

Otherwise I've got a decent little spread of BTC, ETH, their alts, and Doge although I'd say I'm near to cashing out on most of them soon before having to endure another butt-puckering 50% drop and recovery. Much more conservatively earn 0.5% a month on the money I put in the DCU savings account I opened for eligibility to finance with them (1.24% APR for us Hybrid buyers).

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm contemplating the Rivian IPO. I'm normally pretty conservative investing, I imagine there will be a roller coaster ride for a few years. Any word out there of what the IPO price might be?
This would be fairly long term if I do it.

OP
OP
Rob Cactus Gray

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm contemplating the Rivian IPO. I'm normally pretty conservative investing, I imagine there will be a roller coaster ride for a few years. Any word out there of what the IPO price might be?
This would be fairly long term if I do it.
Any word on the IPO price for Rivian would be pure speculation. I’m sure it will be bid up before we can even buy it. This is definitely a risky investment with the growlingly crowded space.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/09/15...-as-much-as-8-billion-in-ipo-sources-say.html

OP
OP
Rob Cactus Gray

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does Carmax valuing buyout on my Fusion ± $800 each week count? :LOL:

Otherwise I've got a decent little spread of BTC, ETH, their alts, and Doge although I'd say I'm near to cashing out on most of them soon before having to endure another butt-puckering 50% drop and recovery. Much more conservatively earn 0.5% a month on the money I put in the DCU savings account I opened for eligibility to finance with them (1.24% APR for us Hybrid buyers).
Probably smart to cash out on Crypto. I’ve contemplated on getting out but I’m back to where I bought in so might as well keep going.

Were you going to do 5 plus year loan term? I believe Ford’s 4 year is .9 percent and 3 year is 0 percent.

I don’t know how large your wallet is but 0.5 percent interest isn’t competing with inflation. Perhaps find some stable high dividend stocks or a long term CD? Not exactly growth but low risks with more to gain.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably smart to cash out on Crypto. I’ve contemplated on getting out but I’m back to where I bought in so might as well keep going.

Were you going to do 5 plus year loan term? I believe Ford’s 4 year is .9 percent and 3 year is 0 percent.

I don’t know how large your wallet is but 0.5 percent interest isn’t competing with inflation. Perhaps find some stable high dividend stocks or a long term CD? Not exactly growth but low risks with more to gain.
Yeah, probably 65 months with DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) since that's the longest they offer that low a rate on. Was hoping Ford might kick a 0.9%/60 incentive for the Maverick and maybe Flex Buy, but no dice. The savings is just so I had an account set up with direct deposit with them in advance. The $5 of interest a month on the $1k I have parked in it is just a small bonus. They also require a small donation (like $25-35) to one of their partner organizations to qualify.

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello everyone! I'm also looking to invest during the winter months. I've done a little bit of research and I think the best investments for the holidays are those that can capitalize on the current market conditions. For example, the EUR/NZD pair at https://fbs.com/trading/specs/eurnzd is an interesting option because it has an inverse relationship with the US dollar, so it could be a good way to hedge against USD depreciation. Additionally, I agree with your assessment of the high-risk investments and think that F, ARKK, QQQJ, TGT, and PYPL all have potential for growth.
Why not a 4+% online savings account? You won't lose a dime and almost instant liquidity?

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not a 4+% online savings account? You won't lose a dime and almost instant liquidity?
I suspect Madrokaleb is just an advertising bot/drone. Opening up a 1+ year old thread and their initial response (their first post on the forum) was vague then edited to add the outside link.

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Losing if inflation outpaces the % return.
The writer was talking about investing for the winter months which I interpreted as short term while waiting for their Maverick. So, you think it is better to risk your Maverick money in the stock market?

Sponsored

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Depends on your timeline. Personally, I'll do Vanguard funds any day.

Timbersaw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Timbersaw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm new to the forum and I think investing during the winter can be a great idea. I'm also a big believer in this technology and cryptocurrencies. While Doge, Litecoin, Bitcoin cash, and Shibu are all high-risk investments, they can potentially bring in big returns. For those who are looking for something with a little less risk, I've heard great things about ARKK, QQQJ, TGT, and PYPL. These are all solid investments with strong fundamentals. If you're interested in learning more about blockchain and cryptocurrency, I recommend digging into this topic. They have great resources and insights into the market.
Sponsored