baxter20282

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone else noticed significant wind noise when going at higher speeds (~ >50MPH)? I have an XLT 2023 hybrid (1 month old) It seems to localize near the passenger side roof or door jam. Has anyone found a fix or is this a known issue? Thanks!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Has anyone else noticed significant wind noise when going at higher speeds (~ >50MPH)? I have an XLT 2023 hybrid (1 month old) It seems to localize near the passenger side roof or door jam. Has anyone found a fix or is this a known issue? Thanks!
Hey there. I can look into your Maverick’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last summer we visited our local Ford dealership service department to diagnose our wind noise driving during windy weather. We spent a hour driving as well as briefly driving near 80 mph but could not replicate the wind noise as it was not at the time windy outside . They said because they could not replicate the noise there was nothing they could do to remedy it. We have since discovered that when we encounter the wind noise we found that by shutting off the HVAC fan, 95 % of the noise disappears. Our fan normally runs on the automatic mode at medium speed. Do not know if this would apply to your situation but you might try shutting the fan off to see if this helps.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there. I can look into your Maverick’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
I have the same problem could you also help me out ??

IconicSilverMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck was doing this too and I figured it out.

Next time your truck starts to make the noise, set your HVAC to recirculate, and the noise will stop.

At least that worked for me! Probably shouldn't have to hit the recirc button to make it stop, but that stopped it. If you want fresh air in the cabin from outside and toggle the button off, the noise returns.
Sponsored