Sponsored

Will the Bumper Cover Panel of the Maverick FX4 fit on the Lariat?

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if the Bumper Cover Panel of the Maverick FX4 will fit on the Lariat. I want to install Blue Ox Base Plate but don’t want the look of the cut outs.
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in the same boat. My Lariat arrives in two weeks and getting Blue Ox baseplate unless another company makes o baseplate not requiring cutout.

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roadmaster does but it requires removing or modifying the Active Air Shutter system.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Roadmaster does but it requires removing or modifying the Active Air Shutter system.
I have installed several Roadmaster baseplates before on different vehicles, but I am NOT going to risk doing it on the Maverick and destroy the ActiveShutter system. Sure seems that it would be a good reason for a warranty-denial as that helps both fuel AND cooling, so if anything goes wrong with engine that could be blamed on heat.....

I am annoyed that Roadmaster went that route. That lower bumper cover for the FX4 is a $410 item, so maybe I'll cut out the cover for the Blue Ox baseplates and then wait til I win the lottery to put on a new cover. Several of us with this quandry.

OP
OP
Penndavis

Penndavis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Penn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my Maverick hooked up with the ox base plates. Still pondering the FX4 bumper
Ford Maverick Will the Bumper Cover Panel of the Maverick FX4 fit on the Lariat? 5262A14F-9486-4AAA-9663-CF5A261C0A46

Last edited: